vi. animan

lucky charms❛ vi

lucky charms
vi. animan 

━━━━ NINO SLINKED BESIDE charlotte silently, chewing on his bottom lip. "char you're friends with marinette, right?"

               she glanced at the boy casually, keeping most of her attention on the laptop in front of her. "sort of. why ask?"

               "um ..." he rubbed the back of his neck. "no reason. just curious."

               suddenly, adrien appeared next to his friend. "he's asking because he likes "

               "not so loud, dude!" nino clamped both hands over adrien's mouth. "there are ears everywhere."

               charlotte's cheek twitched at nino's flare for the dramatics. "you like her? why act so embarrassed?" she ignored the way tikki gave a dramatic cough from her hiding spot; the kwami was certain that charlotte liked val baudelaire (even though tikki was wrong ... kind of).

               "it's not that easy, charlotte!" insisted nino. "i'm no good with the ladies!"

               the part-time hero's face dropped. "i'm ... ladies, nino. you talk to me just fine."

               "that is different!" nino shook his head, wringing the red cap he always wore nervously in his hands. "i've never been good around the ladies especially her, all of a sudden!"

               silently, charlotte frowned back down at her laptop screen. nino wasn't choosing his words any better. he was talking to her as if she wasn't a girl not that it was insulting, it was almost ... comical. adrien caught charlotte's eyes and rolled his own silently.

               "i mean, you guys " nino turned around, hands on his hips as he looked at marinette sadly. "do i go up to her and crack a joke? compliment her? invite her to the zoo? play it serious?"

               "nino " adrien waved his hands, "you're way overthinking this, okay? invite her to the zoo? are you serious?"

               nino groaned, placing his hands on top of his head. "i'm telling you hopeless!"

               charlotte's cheek twitched. "no, adrien nino might be on to something. marinette was telling me and alya about this new exhibit. alya's dad works at the zoo, she was telling marinette she could get her some tickets for cheap."

               "yeah, but the zoo?" adrien slung an arm over nino's shoulder. "listen, nino, just be yourself!"

               nino frowned and shrugged off adrien's arm. "that's easy for you to say, mr. front-of-the-cover-teen-model. i'm not that cool!"