𝟎𝟎𝟐. 𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐧𝐬 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐡𝐞𝐫

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟎𝟎𝟐

𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐧𝐬 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐡𝐞𝐫

third age, 2765

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅˚

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅˚.🌿༄¸

"𝐄𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐑𝐈𝐄𝐋𝐋𝐄." his soft voice reached her ears immediately. her heart warmed slightly at his tone. she moved to cast a look over her shoulder and smiled lightly as he approached her.

"ernil." she greeted. she could feel the familiar feeling of blood rushing up to her cheeks the closer he came. sadness still lingered around her, dampening her usual positivity. and he noticed. 

legolas eyed her form that was crouched over a bed of flowers. the sight was so familiar that a small smile lifted on the corners of his lips. her golden locks were loose and moving in the wind unlike his own that were braided neatly. he found it one of the things about her, something typically her. something soft and honest, something sweet and peaceful. he could hear her heartbeat pick up the longer he stayed quiet, the longer he looked at her.

he didn't want to take her away from this place, somewhere she felt comfortable but he had no choice. it was either him who would take her back or someone else and for some reason he wanted to believe she preferred him.

"i have to go back, don't i?" she asked him before he even began speaking. she didn't want to go back just yet but she could no longer handle his silent observations. the hairs on the back of her neck had stood upright and her palms were getting sweaty from being in his presence. 

"yes." his answer was short but not unkind. he wanted to say something else, to ask her something but he didn't find the words that would fit in the situation so he kept quiet. he watched as she stood to her full height, smoothing down her ruffled dress. his eyes followed her as she moved in front of him, walking back to the castle.

every fiber of her being was aware of how he watched her back, followed behind her. they kept quiet as they walked, both wanting to break the silence but neither wanted to disturb the peace.

"he wanted to scare you." the prince eventually spoke up as they neared the kingdom gates. 

the muscle stretched over her shoulders tensed at the mention of the incident with caldan. "he succeeded." she muttered, her fists clenching as she hurried her pace. she wanted to be at the castle as quick as possible. that way, she could muster up an excuse to avoid the prince.

"he had not wished to harm you." he added after a moment of thought. but even to his own ears those words sounded like a lie.

she looked up at the sky at his words, not wishing to roll her eyes at the prince. she simply hummed as a reaction, her speed quickening. caldan's face flashed in her mind and she scoffed softly. she despised the man, now more than ever before.