3: "Playing" the Prankster

The next I woke up to someone gently opening my door. I rub my eyes to clear up my vision, as I a familiar black figure walking up to me. Their figure was curvy and I could make out their hair swaying behind their back. I can't tell if my heart started to beat faster or completely stopped.

Mika.

"Good Morning, Princess. How was you beauty sleep?" She said in a sarcastically sweet tone.

"Don't even." I reply, coldly. I sit up, which she was now in front of me, hands on hips.

"Come on. if you won't be nice to me, I won't help you." I sit back a little bit.

"I do not need your help, Mika."

"That is really too bad, I even brought you a chair to move around in instead of me having to carry you." I sit back up.

"I'm listening." Mika laughed at that. She proceeded to lift me off the bed and kind of walk me over to my new fancy chair. I sit down, and place my hands on the wheels. "Sweet, now you won't have to carry me everywhere."

I proceeded to zoom out of my room and down the hallway, pulling to a full stop when I realize that going down the long and deep staircase in this thing could be fatal. I sharply turn around to reveal Mika snickering under her hand. She had planned this. She removed her hand from her face, and laughed so hard her face turned red. My face was probably red too. Not because I'm laughing, but because of how I can't get a break from this girl!

"MIKAAAA!" I shout, "I SWEAR TO THE HEAVENS THAT SOMEDAY I WILL-"

"Thank me?" She replied, no longer laughing. She lifted her finger, and I went into the air. Along with my chair. I grab on tight, not wishing to fall off. Mika followed me down the stairs, still holding her finger in the air. If I was completely honest, she looked powerful. She looked like any moment she could easily put me out of consciousness if she wanted. If my magic wasn't already gone, she looked like she could take my magic if she wanted to.

Maybe she did.

If anyone was as powerful as whoever was able to knock me down, it would be someone like her. I've never met anyone like her, the way she makes me feel less powerful than I already do because of my magic. Even though, the powerless way I feel with her is so much different than not having magic.

Along that, did I mention I am one of the most powerful princesses, despite having to rely on magic to use my legs?

We make it to the bottom of the stairs and Mika sets me down. I roll away, avoiding eye contact. I could hear Mika sigh and mumble something along the lines of "Will she ever appreciate me?" from behind me. I keep going my way, greeting Soldiers who were curious about why I am sitting in a chair instead of walking. Mika's footsteps remain a good distance behind me, but I can not help but get jumpy when I hear them get any closer than I wish.

Am I scared of her, or am I desperate for something else? I ask myself, feeling my entire body tingle at the thought of her being closer to me than she already is.

~