The Perfect Wife

Y/N feels she doesn't have much to do these days.

With Jack busy with the 'Victory Project', she spends half the day at home alone, and has already cleaned the house four times despite it being sparkling clean. She wishes she had friends, or even a pet, but lately the world seems to be on pause.

She can't complain anyway, because she has a husband who gives her everything she wants, and the least she can do for him is to wait for him with a hot meal after work.

That's why she's now walking around the kitchen in her dark red dress; she walks to the pot to check the pasta and the sauce in the other one, bends down to check the meat, and walks to the dining room to set the table.

The house is absolutely silent, only the crickets and cars passing in the street can be heard, she has no music to listen to, she doesn't know what she likes and has never allowed herself to discover her tastes, only enjoying the music Jack plays when he likes to dance with her and whisper promises of love.

She sighs at the thought of her husband, he was about to arrive at any moment and she couldn't wait to embrace him and feel his manly fragrance cover her completely, she craved to caress his perfect bare face with her lips, and it thrilled her to think that he was thinking of her, too.

Y/N walks in high heels to the kitchen, turning off the cooker and gathering all the ingredients to make the stew her husband had been asking for a few days ago, she smiles proudly at the aroma, and as if everything was perfectly timed, Jack walks through the front door.

She bites her lip excited as she hears his footsteps towards the kitchen, and as she stirs in the bowl, she feels arms wrapping around her hips and a nose burying in her neck.

"Mhm, smells good." He murmurs against her skin, leaving a kiss on her pulse. "Missed you, darling."

Her heart leaps with joy and she turns to kiss him, tasting his lips as she caresses his soft cheeks, and breaks away to say:

"Welcome home."

Jack smiles looking at her lips before kissing her again, all the work he's doing is going to pay off in the future, but he missed spending the days with his love.

He goes to sit at the table while she serves the food. It's domestic, perfect, and he can't stop looking at her in that dress that fit her perfectly.

They both eat in comfortable silence, until she decides to start a conversation after swallowing, because ladies don't talk with their mouths full. "So, everything okay at work?"

"Yes."

She's content with his answer, she knows that what happens when Jack leaves the house is none of her business, so she nods and takes a swig of red wine. He was ravenous, and with his mouth slick with sauce and stuffed with meat, he murmurs, "It's very good, m'love."

"Thank you, it's what you deserve." She responds, taking a napkin to clean him.

She finishes eating first and allows herself to watch, his hair falls to his forehead and he's wearing a brown suit that makes him look simply handsome. She didn't know how she'd gotten someone like him, but everyday she made sure to keep him by her side. Because she loved him, she loved him to death and she would do anything to make him happy and comfortable.

Anything.

Jack leans back against the back of the wooden chair contentedly and she takes it as a sign to start lifting the dishes. He looks at her, not helping her because they each know their roles, and undoes his tie while his other hand tousles his hair.

He smiles, watching her over the bar that separates the kitchen from the dining room as she expertly washes the dishes. As she's drying her hands, she turns to look at him.