Chapter 2

"Ah, wot a time dis is!" To an outside view, it was just a battlefield filled with the corpses of xenos, both Tyranid and Ork but to a bioengineering genius like Gutchoppa, it was heaven. His twisted mind raced, thinking of all the ways he could wreck carnage. He envisioned walking embodiments of death under his control, an eldritch mixture of alien and machine, rampaging through all that got in his way. "Load 'em up in da buggie and let's be on our way!"

...

Every time he closed his eyes, he could envision the crackling of the tyrant's bonesword racing towards him. The sheer amount of power and alien cunning glaring down at him, coupled with the alien's size, could not escape his mind. The tyrant's head was placed proudly on his wall, where it would stare down at its killer forever. For a rare moment, he had time to think. An average warlord would not be sitting down and thinking, designating such an activity reserved for 'stinkin pansies' yet Snikklaw was not such a being. He was a Blood Axe, and that tribe was known for its cunnin' tactics. As his boyz went about clearing the outside of alien corpses, Snikklaw observed the stump that was once his left arm, and memories of who he used to be started to fill his vision...

...

   It started off simple enough: go to the space hulk, do a thorough sweep of any loot, scavenge what supplies they could and make off with the booty. Wrenchgit was especially ecstatic, going to work immediately and separating various heavy bolters from their tripods. His other boyz went about, displacing rubble and gathering all the weaponry they could harvest. He had received intel beforehand that this space hulk in particular once housed a Space Marine armoury.
   "Dis zoggin' place is ded 'uge, boss." Bloodtoof remarked. "Suppose dere's any Chaos lads with da klaws n' shtuff?"
   "Wouldn't be fun if there wasn't." Snikklaw responded. "Alright boyz! Stay in groups. Don't wander off. Get all the booty you find. Kill whutevar charges at you. On my order, we retreat. Off ya go ladz!"
   His tribe departed, each one led by his best mates. He had his own entourage of boyz consisting of those he deemed 'kompatint' (expendable) to assist in scavenging duties. "With me, yoo get da best booty. Trust me. I knowz where ta look." He was sure to speak in a way that the boyz could understand, reserving his usual refined dialect for his more valuable ladz.
   As his group scoured the space hulk, Snikklaw's eyes scanned the environment and he was greeted with the desecrated corpses of Space Marines. He recognized the iconic blue paintwork that belonged to the Ultramarine chapter, but what really caught his attention was the manner in which they lay dead: claw marks etched into the power armour with the cleanliness of the cut signaling it was done with ease and the flesh of humanity's super-soldiers reduced to a mutated, unrecognizable mess. Amidst the carnage, Snikklaw gazed upon a gross effigy made out of a Space Marine captain, impaled through the chest with his limbs suspended by barbed wire. He knew instinctively what dwelled in this space hulk.
   "Oi, boss!" one of the boyz yelled out. "Wrenchgit sez he found some melta thingies. An' Bloodtoof sez he saw sum ded ugly fing with da spikes an'___"
   The boyz' head was separated from his body instantly. Snikklaw cocked his shoota and fired several rounds at the entity responsible as it emerged from the shadows. The shots evaporated inches from the creature's hide.
   "Who disturbs my slumber?" it asked, its maw revealing rows and rows of interlocking gold and silver teeth.
   Snikklaw hesitated. He felt an immense pressure emanating from the creature and he was greeted with a vision: death. Death by overwhelming force. The rest of his boyz felt this sensation and obeying their Orky instincts, raised their weaponry and charged towards the creature with no thought or concern whatsoever. The warlord did not break eye contact with the Daemon as his boyz were cut down easily by unholy claws.
   "Arise, greenskin." the creature spoke, its hooved feet causing the metal floor to melt around it. "I will give you a fighting chance before I offer your life to Khorne."
   "Is that so?" Snikklaw responded, holstering his shoota and unsheathing his big choppa, flicking a switch on its hilt which enveloped the blade in destructive electricity. "Mork will be pleased with yer head on my wall, ya big zogger."
   The creature leered at this challenge. It raised its hoof and smashed it onto the ground, creating a fiery portal out of the crater it formed. The creature's hand reached over the crater, and the hilt of a terrible, flaming sword emerged. Snikklaw grinned, happy that the fight would be fair. He bellowed his warcry and the two titans charged at each other.