quiver

❝ season one, episode six ❞

Janiya headed to the dojo after picking up Miguel and Aisha. The whole drive she couldn't stop thinking about Eli. Last night was one of the most peaceful sleeps she ever had in years. She didn't have a nightmare or wake up having a some mental breakdown.

"Looks like that fight video went viral." Miguel spoke. "Yeah almost 30,000 people saw it." Aisha nodded. The three of them got out of the truck and went inside. After they got ready, the new kids were allowed to come in.

"Why Iet you talk me into this? This goes against everything I stand for, it's like extra gym class for no reason." Demetri complained. "Let's just give it a chance. You saw that fight, Miguel and Janiya kicked ass." Eli muttered looking over at Janiya who was standing at the front. She gave him a small smile, before turning her attention to Johnny.

"Quiet!" Johnny shouted and everyone stopped talking. The man walked around the room looking at the kids. "Nice shirt."

"Thanks."

"I'm joking it sucks."

"When I look around this dojo I don't see Cobra Kai material. I see losers, I see nerds." Johnny announced. "I see a fat kid with a funny hat with his tits popping out. But in my short time as a Sensei, I've also seen some miracles."

Janiya, Miguel and Aisha smiled as Johnny looked over at them. "So maybe there's some hope for you yet, but first I need to know where you're at. So everybody, fall in!"

"That means line up." Jainya said noticing thst no one had moved yet. 3 lines were formed behind her, Miguel and Aisha.

"No not line up in a line, get in lines."

"You mean like rows?" Demetri asked. It took a few minutes to everyone fall in.

"Fighting positions!" Janiya, Miguel and Aisha had their feet away and fist up. "Jab punch- No wait until I say go. Hiya!"
Johnny walked around correcting people.

"Hey Lip. Yeah you, the one with the freaky lip. Who else am I talking too." Johnny pointed out. Janiya huffed in annoyance, ready for any nonsense he was about to say.

"Excuse me Mr. Lawrence-" Demetri started. "Sensei Lawrence." Aisha corrected. "You really shouldn't make fun of someone's physical appearance." Demetri continued. "So I'm not suppose to mention his lip at all?" Johnny questioned. Eli looked down at the floor, clearly humilated.

"Well yeah."

"Yeah maybe that's what they teach you at school, but in the real world you can't expect people to do what their suppose to do." Janiya nodded at his words but he was still in the wrong.

"You hear that Lip? If you can't handle a someone making fun of you, how are you gonna handle a elbow to the teeth?"

"By calling the poilce."

"Nigga what?" Janiya furrowed her eyebrows. "Dude knock it off." Miguel added.

"Why? He does realize the Nazis lost the war right? Why should I be scared of him, because he's got a snake on the wall? It's not like he's a teacher how can give us a bad grade." Janiya stood there dumbfounded. Demetri's words entered her ear and flew right out. All she heard was "Mimimimimimi."

"We're paying him, he works for us-"

"Demetri shut the fuck up." Janiya snapped. "Why? It's not like he can actually hurt us." Janiya and Miguel glanced at each other.

"You done?" Johnny walked over to Demetri. "Go ahead and hit me." He instructed. Demetri threw a punch but Johnny blocked it. "Harder." He did it again and failed. "Is that all you got princess?" Demetri threw on last punch but Johnny flipped hin over. "Let that be a lesson to all of you, class dismissed."