Falling in Love. 3/6

Jeon Jungkook flies out to Paris for two weeks with his parents, accompanying them with some work event for his mother. She learns because he doesn't attend class and when she asks, given that the deadline was approaching for the first part of their project, he informs her that he'll work on it as soon as he's back. Somehow, Park Chaeyoung wonders if it's irrational to miss him, especially since they'd only begun talking for a little over a day and barely knew one another. She realises specifically that she'd been zoning out, when Jennie Kim waves her hand over her face.

"Hello, earth to Chaeyoungie," she jokes, a laugh departing from her lips, "... are you okay?"

Park Chaeyoung responds with a sheepish smile, "... sorry, I've barely slept."

And it was true.

In between student council duties, tutoring, schoolwork and working on her applications for university scholarships, she'd barely had time to think, yet alone sleep. At times, she felt as though she were on autopilot, as though she'd blink for a minute only to end up back at her studio, or that she'd take a nap and suddenly it was morning.

But there was something constantly in her mind, and that was the countdown in her head, for when she'll see him next.

"You don't have anything on tomorrow afternoon right? Why don't we go somewhere and get your mind off things?" Jisoo Kim suggests, causing for the other girls to nod in excitement.

"I, uh—have groupwork with Jungkook," she explains, "... maybe another time?"

"That sucks. He doesn't even come to class half the time and you have to work around his schedule," Lalisa Manoban comments, "... I feel sorry for you."

"It's not like th—"

Before she could finish, someone calls her from the other side of the cafeteria.

"Class Pres!" One of her classmates, Min Yoongi rushes over, "... the teacher's looking for you in room 3912."

Park Chaeyoung takes a deep breath, smiling to her friends before getting up from her seat, not even having enough time to finish her meal.

Yet, even so, she somehow cannot wait for tomorrow when Jeon Jungkook returns.

-

Having a crush on Park Chaeyoung is difficult enough, but he finds out that it's a million times worse when your parents are even more obsessed with her. He accompanies his mother to a few exhibitions and talks by the biggest jewellery manufacturers, only that at every spare moment, she spends her time talking about the young girl.

"Jungkook, you should buy her something from Paris, it's common courtesy to bring back a souvenir," she suggestions, clearly a little too excited about the fact that his son for the first time, appears to be socialising with someone in his school, "... or should we give her one of our new diamonds from the collection?"

"Mom!" He groans, "... you're being too much."

Mrs. Jeon sheepishly smiles, "... you're right, but maybe you can bring back some macaroons at least."

"Okay, let's buy some before we head to the airport," he finally gives in, realising that his mother wasn't going to give him a break, "... we're going to study again tomorrow afternoon so please—don't be weird about it."

"When am I ever?" Mrs. Jeon mischievously comments, "... have you sent her any photos from our trip? My son looks so handsome in a suit, I'm sure she'll like it, how about the one's we took in the Eiffel Tower?"

"Mhmm, we're not close like that," he comments, though a part of him wonders whether they should, perhaps as some talking points outside of schoolwork, "... plus, it'll look like I am trying too hard."