𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝟰

•••

July 27, 2006

Millane got out of bed, realising it was her mother's birthday in 6 days time meaning she had to either make a present, or go find and get one herself - well, maybe with the help with a few friends. The girl knew she didn't have much time considering it was in 6 days.

Heidi has done so much for her since the start. She helped the girl through all her ups and downs and when her father had sadly passed away, Millane barely knowing him. She checked her clock on her nightstand that read "07:37". It was another tiring school day without much friends. Millane was quite new to the school considering she moved to Cobham two months ago. Her only friend in school was Catherine Jones.

Catherine was a slim and pale little girl who was around Millane's height. She was rather pale and had sage green coloured eyes and short hazel coloured hair. She was an enthusiastic little girl, she was. She was quite frankly the opposite of her German friend who was quiet, sensitive, sporty, arty and productive. But this was only them when they were younger - they could and will become completely different women when they grow up..

•••

"Millane!!" Catherine shouted from across the side playground of the school when the German 6 year old girl entered the playground in her uniform, book-bag in hand. She smiled when she saw her new best friend running towards her. "Hi!!" Millane exclaimed with a wide smile on her face, while being hugged by her best friend tightly - very tightly.

Ms Winfield came up to the two girls after they released from the hug. "Catherine, darling, what have I told you about running in the playground? This side playground is a bit too small for running because all of the older and younger children are coming in to line up too, remember?" she Catherine who looked at her as if she just realised she ruined an expensive painting. "Sorry Miss, I'll only run in the upstairs playground, I promise," she mumbled in response, the teacher walking away.

Millane giggled at the teacher and her friend's conversation. "It's not funny!" Catherin responded, pouting at the girl who was having a fit, which caused a small smile to appear on her face.

•••

"Ugh Masonn pleaseee can you play football with me and  Jackkkk!" Declan begged his brunette bestie, hoping he would answer him with a yes. "But I wanna go homeee, I'm tired," Mason replied, giving him a sad look. In reality, he wasn't tired. He just wanted to go home and play with his sister and shoot penalties to help practise for the Crystal Palace observation match in a few weeks time.

Mason waited for his mother to pick him up from school in the hall. Everyone lined up in the hall, Mason's classmates chatting loudly to each other. "Mase, are you gonna go straight home? Me and Declan are gonna go play football in the park with Jason and some other people!" Jack suddenly said, Mason turning to face the blonde haired boy. "I already told Declan that I'm tired and I don't wanna go today," the brunette explained to his friend again.

Jack nodded, "Oka, enjoy your time with your new girlfriend though!" he teased Mason, trying to wiggle his eyebrows causing him to receive in a nudge in the side by Mason. The brunette's face turned a light shade of pink , barely visible though. "How'd you know? She's not even-" Mason started until he was cut off by Jack tutting. "You're lying!!" Jack stated, grinning at the brunette. 

Mason mumbled to himself, something that was clearly not English. He knew that he liked the German girl, even if the were just 6 and 7. It was like love at first sight for them. He knew they would come far in life at one point -  that they would grow up to be what the dreamed to be from the start. 

Mason was snapped back to reality when his name was called by his teacher. Mason waved goodbye to his friends. "Have fun!" Jack shouted, attempting to wink but failed terribly. The brunette groaned but continued to walk to his mother, saying goodbye. "Hey love, how was school?" Debbie asked while getting into the front seat of the car. The younger boy slouched down in the back of the midnight black coloured car, huffing quietly.

"Mase?" she asked, turning around to face her son to be met with an annoyed looking child. "What happened love?" she asked again after observing the child she created. Mason did not know what to say; he was annoyed as Jack and Declan kept teasing him about Millane and Mason being a couple but at the same time, he's happy that they think the two of them would be nice together. "Nothing. I'm just tired. Can we go home now mum?" he replied, Debbie nodding in return. This time, he actually was tired and wanted to just go home and sit on his couch with a cup of milk and some of his favourite cookies.

•••

"Bye Miss!" Millane smiled as she walked out of the school, holding Catherine's hand. Heidi walked to the car as the two little girls trailed behind her, giggling and chatting. They all got into the car and took off to go home. "Are we gonna play with your dolls?" Catherine asked as she held onto her lunch box. "Yes, obviously!" the blonde girl replied, laughing, as she knew how badly she wanted to play with Millane's dolls from Germany.

•••

"Catherineee, can you keep a secret?" Millane asked her friend, who was probably going to become another one of her best friends after Declan and Mason. "Yeah! What is it? Did you see a unicorn? A troll?" the English girl asked, intrigued as to what her friend had to say. Millane released a small giggle from her mouth, "Unicorns and trolls aren't real," she started, causing Catherine to pout," Anyways, it's my mummy's birthday in 6 days and I don't know what to get her!" 

Millane and Catherine thought for a bit as to what to get or make for Heidi. Heidi was a primary school teacher for Year 3. She was their all-round teacher as they sometimes have an art and math teacher come in sometimes so she could have her break. "Should we make something for her classroom?" Catherine said after a few minutes of quiet silence between the two, although they were still playing and fiddling with the dolls.

|| another chapter completed! i just came back from the chelsea v zagreb game an hour ago and let me tell you, it was chaotic, they were lit banging their drums non stop thru out the game lolol still wondering how they got the drums thru security though- ||