⋆ Prologue ⋆

True Friends
May 24, 2019

It's 2014 at the MTV Video Music Awards, and
in the audience sat Y/N L/N, starring in the upcoming film 'Home to You', in theaters July 24th, and former Fifth Harmony member, Camila Cabello. Both were rather young at the time—L/N, 20 and Cabello, 18–and leaned on each other for support that night.

Cabello has since stated that without L/N there to talk her down, she would have "for sure had a panic attack" as she, along with the rest of Fifth Harmony, were up for their first VMA, Artist to Watch—which they did end up taking home.

It seems that that first interaction was meaningful to the both of them as afterwards they exchanged numbers and went on to become the best of friends.

In 2015, L/N was spotted at numerous Fifth Harmony shows as they toured for their debut album 'Reflection', and then again for the 7/27 tour 2016, and by the time Cabello was on her own and touring for her debut album 'Camila', L/N hopped on the bus and traveled the states with her.

Again, in 2015, Cabello showed her love for L/N by attending the premiere for the movie 'Always and Forever' in which L/N starred in and later received her first Oscar nomination. Since then, Cabello has joined Y/N for many movie related events, always there for a shoulder to lean on.

And lest we forget the lovely Instagram posts each upload every year on their birthdays—Cabello naming L/N her "soul mate" and L/N naming Cabello "her love".

These captions, along with their close relationship as a whole, have opened the door to "shippers", or people who believe the two to be dating.

Both Cabello and L/N have dismissed these rumors and stated they are just close friends—Cabello has been in a relationship with dating coach Matthew Hussey for almost two years.

It's not just L/N and Cabello who are close, but their families too! Just last year, the two families celebrated New Year's together at Cabello's home in Miami. Maybe this year they'll celebrate at the L/N's home in Boston. We'll just have to wait and see.

————
(a/n): hey guys! welcome to my new story Like Friends Do!

I'd like to start by saying, first and foremost, that I will eventually upload my other stories. They are NOT discontinued, I just wanted to take a break and work on something new that I have the motivation to write.

Secondly, this story will not be completely accurate to the real life events that inspired it (obviously). With that said, it's important to note that the way events roll out in this story is not accurate to how they would in real life (ie; being followed by paparazzi, recording songs much later than they were [for example, songs such as Used To This that were recorded in April 2019 will be recorded in August 2019 in this story], and of course, the easy acceptance of two women in Hollywood dating).

After all that, please enjoy this story :)

Don't forget to vote
Thanks for reading ❤️