19 (New)

If you see any mistakes let me know. I proof read multiple times but that never seems to be enough lol. And I'm impatient as it is so I couldn't wait no longer to get this out.
...

Vote And Comment!!

This book might be all over the place bc I am not writing for this book anymore so...but enjoy.
...

Cherish chews her gum mindlessly as she pulls up to the orphanage. It was time for her to pick up Xamani for the third time this week.

Ever since their conversation that day, things have been okay. Okay, as in Cherish wasn't depressed. At first, she was and it lasted for three weeks. And in that time all she did was pity herself. But on that third week, she decided enough was enough. Being sad wasn't going to make Xamani talk to her or allow Cherish to help her so why continue to beat herself up about it? Better yet, it was Xamani's loss, not Cherish's.

She was still the same ole Cherish, though. There were just more boundaries put into place. Such as having to do with Xamani's disrespectful mouth. Cherish knew for a fact, that now if Xamani said anything that didn't sit right with her, she'd speak up about it. Period.

When Xamani gets in the car, Cherish pulls off without a word. She stopped making an effort long ago. She was more concerned with putting effort into keeping her peace.

On her side of town, she pulls up to Nanny's Sweets. This was her favorite place to get sugar cookies. The cookie was thick and soft and so was the icing. She was gonna get a dozen although one alone would be enough to satisfy her taste buds.

Cherish leaves Xamani in the car and goes inside, she had to hurry up because it was getting dark soon.

The little bell on the door jingled when she entered and the owner turned around behind the counter. "Cherish! My favorite customer. I haven't seen you in a while."

Cherish chuckles. "Yeah, I've been busy doing that thing I told you about."

"So, you actually did it?" Lisa smiles. "How is it?"

Cherish sighs. "Can I be honest?"

"Of course."

"It's not going to good." Cherish begins to explain how Xamani acted towards her, even going into the depths of how it affected her at one point.

"It sounds like this girl has been through some horrible things. No one is born that way. How old is she again?"

"Sixteen."

"What's her name?"

"Xamani Arielle."

"Pretty name. I bet she's a pretty girl. And I feel like you can help her."

"That's all I've tried to do. For months, I was on her case and all she could do was treat me like trash."

"Do you know why?"

"Yes. She told me why."

"That's a step closer. You told me that when you first met her she barely uttered a word and now she's opening up to you about something close to home."