Chapter 1 : Prologue

First chapter out! This chapter may have many/less mistakes than future chapters so please bare with me until I can update these. I'm trying to get some books out for you guys before I start my 2nd 9 weeks :>.

WARNINGS
PROFANITY
SMOKING/DR3GS
CHILD ABUSE
SELF HARM
CUTTING
TWS
BLOOD
INTENTIONS OF CHILD RAPE

———::::::———::::::———:::::———:::::——

Lycx's POV:

I wake up to the nose of the alarm of the lab going off. The red light flickering over and over woke me up. I blinked as I try to make out what I see. It was very cloudy in my visions so I couldn't really make out. Once fully awake, I was in my room with just a mattress, a sheet , a small duvet , 2 large pillows & 1 smaller pillow & my 2 plushies , lightness & darkness. I take the duvet off of me, i can feel the cool but cold air breezing on my milky skin. I look over and notice that darkness was missing. Thus, I bent down and picked it up from off the floor and placed it on my bed. From estimating time, in about 3 minutes the other lab scientists would come and get us for breakfast. Those 3 minutes I could be cleaning up my bed so I wouldn't have to do so when I come back in my room for the rest of my life until the next morning. Today was Wednesday, which meant grits , eggs , bacon , sausages & pudding'. I didn't really like to eat the food since one kid got rat poisoning once but lately it's been better. Instead I was only going to get bacon & grits. That way I could be finished eating early and I could move onto the next task. I get out of my bed and start to straighten it up. I straightened the sheet before pulling the duvet over the hole bed, tucking in excess under the bed. I put the 2 larger pillows on first, then the smaller one and then I placed lightness on the bed. I was going to take darkness with me to breakfast and other tasks. Just like I said, my door opened with one of the scientists with light gray hair that sticks up like he was electrocuted named ; Azaleas.

" Lycx , it's time for breakfast" Azaleas said, just as I expected he was going to say. I nodded and quickly got out of my bed and left the room.

Azaleas stayed behind me, that way I wouldn't try to escape or anything. They used to handcuff us when it was time for things like this but now they've stop doing that. I went my way into the line. When everyone is out of their rooms, we have to line up in order by our experiment numbers. I am experiment #5, which makes me the 5th person to be in line. I walk past many other subjects before getting in my spot. There's around 346 test subjects but only a few on hall #A1. The producer, the 3rd strongest lab scientists we have, he has scales on his face with a bandage that covers his arm. That guy makes me sick, he's always trying to touch me, or trying to get me to come with me. Once he tried to even kill me because I rejected his proposal of me becoming his slave which would stop the test works and make the experiments less harmful. Obviously I declined because, he just wanted to get close to me so he could touch me in ways. I'm not that stupid just because I am 8 years old. That dude I was talking about, his name is ; Luni. Luni guides us to the kitchen, which I think isn't necessary because we already know the way but I don't say anything. The person behind me, my only trustable friend, Keiqx , taps me on my shoulder. It's a long route to the cafe, so people would start conversation then and there. Luni didn't really mind, which was surprising. As long as you don't get too loud.

"Hey, Lycx! How are you?" Keiqx asked me with a gentle smile. I thought about it. It always made me question why people asked how were we. Sometimes, not everyone wants to explain their emotions, so I didn't really get the point of asking people 'how are you'. I just shrugged in my insides.

"Hi Keiqx. I'm alright, what about you?" I answer Keiqx and she nods in a 'Ah, I see' way. I don't really understand peoples nodding intentions, but by the looks and expressions they make after & before, tells me what their nodding intentions are.