(一) Rick Sanchez of C-137

Rick Sanchez, of Earth dimension C-137; is the smartest man in the universe. A brain so intelligent he's taken down the galactic federation. A man who destroyed an entire citadel of alternate versions of himself. Thousands, and he was the smartest. It was all him. 

His intelligence was unbeatable, he discovered and created shit that even Area 51 couldn't even fathom. He was just too good. Too good for earth, too good for humanity. Too good for the universe!

His garage was filled with items, trinkets, gadgets; that were incomprehensible to the basic human mind. A cognition amplifier that made any creature that wore the helmet almost as intelligent as himself. A freeze ray that froze any organic life/targets. Meeseeks boxes, boxes that summoned an alien species known as Meeseeks to do simple tasks and chores. Dream inceptors; small ear pieces that allow the user to enter the dreams of another person. Energy guns, laser guns, ray guns, a device that allowed you to remove memories from someone's mind, or view stored memories. A butt gun, power armour, and so much more. A whole collection of things his amazing mind had crafted.
All in his garage.
The garage had grey cement flooring, cool to the touch. The walls were uncovered, the backing to no longer in place. Exposing the wooden beams supporting the drywall on the other side.
The far corner from the garage door and the door leading into the house was a C shaped counter. It wrapped around the end that wasn't by the wall being visibly shorter than the other side that was against the wall.

The counter was littered in small machines, alcohol bottles/cans along with a whole bunch of glass testing tubes, flasks and chemicals that probably shouldn't be obtainable. On the wall by the door there was a large shelf, two layers of metal holding boxes and even more gadgets, items so valuable the government is even frightened by them.
A garage full of shit. Incredible shit. And one of those incredible shits was the man himself.

The smell of alcohol, smoke and chemicals was strong in the garage. And the source of the stench was Rick Sanchez. He sat at his counter, he wore a face shield while blow torching a chunk of metal. Staring down at it with a deadpan expression. Sparks flew out, bouncing against the surface.

"Fuckin' piece of shit." He hissed to himself before letting out a burp.
He was trying to weld metal to create a body for a new weapon he was creating.
A weapon he called- 'Emotion Eraser'. He was basically going to make a 'weapon' to numb people from emotions and reality for a period of time. Like a bit antidepressant or SSRI mixed with Methylphenidate; backdoor medication of course.
Those were the human ingredients. He still had a line up of otherworldly fungi, mucus and body tissue to test out.
He needed to find the right combination to make a soul numbing concoction just right so he could emotionally torture creatures or completely soothe them. Depends on the severity of their depression really.

Really the goal wasn't to help anyone, it was because Morty was no longer 'okay' with knocking out, poisoning, stabbing, shooting, paralyzing, biting, choking, strangling, jacking off, cutting, stripping, burning, freezing, (etc) innocent people. Apparently it was inhumane and after Morty's whole 'emotional awakening' after having one too many near death experiences. Or some softy bullshit.
Rick tapped the metal with a hammer, bending it to the right shape before hearing a knock on the garage door. The door swung open and Rick frowned, hearing the familiar voice of his Granddaughter. Summer.

"Heyy, Grandpa. Mom just wanted me to tell you that Dinner's ready. Whatcha' making? And whatever it is can we shoot Morty with it..?" Summer recommended, her voice having a slight husk to it. A very white- valley girl sort of voice. She walked in, her black shoes tapping against the concrete flooring.

"I heard that!" Morty called from the lounge room. His call was soon followed by a thud and scrambling.

"Yeah yeah." Summer scoffed with an eye roll.