1: Halloween

"I'm sure it doesn't look that bad!" I called out through the girl's dorm door, "Just come out and show me!"

I brushed at my costume, which was just some dress robes. Lily and I were doing a couple's costume of Dracula and his countess. It was Lily's idea. I heard the door open and looked up and backed up.

"Woah." I said, astonished someone looked at a costume and said - it's alright, "Who sent this to you again, Ally?"

Alice looked at his disapprovingly, "Frankie made it."

I nodded, "That explains it."

Alice gestured to the bedazzled dress, "Do you know a way to fix this? Frankie really wants me to be Daisy as he's gonna be Nick!"

I choked on saliva, "You want me to fix it?" Alice nodded. Shaking my head, I responded, "No. I can't do that. Maybe we can find Bai-?"

"Bailey!" Alice gasped in relief, "Why didn't I think of that? Lysander, you're a genius!"

Alice rushed past him, pulling a bath robe she was holding around her shoulders. She scrambled out the common room and I just stood there confused. Eventually, I patted down my robes and left myself.

Making my way to get Lily, I passed quite a few cool costumes. I made my way toward Gryffindor tower to get Lily. I got to the portrait hole and stood there waiting for my countess.

It didn't take long of me standing there before the portrait swung open and out stepped Lily, her hair braided into short pigtails hanging down just passed her shoulder blades. Her dress was a knee-length black garment with red accents, and she had fake blood dripping from the corners of her mouth.

I felt my mouth turn up into a smile, "You look bloodiful, my love."

Lily let out a short, snorting laugh, "Please don't talk like that all night."

I pulled her close to me, "Now why would I do that? I love the sound of my own voice."

Lily laughed and gave me a peck on the lips. I smiled and pulled myself away reluctantly. I walked with Lily down to the Great Hall. I saw my brother walking with his girlfriend, Rebecca Wood. She was Red Riding Hood, and he was the Wolf. Pretty sure he just wanted to be an animal for Halloween.

"Well, at least it's not as bad as what Frankie tried to give his sister." I retorted in response to their costumes.

Rebecca looked at Lily and I's costumes, "You two really went all out, didn't you?"

"Of course." Lily smiled, "It was Lysander's idea."

I smiled, "I said we should do a coup-"

"Whatever." Lily said, jokingly exaggerated a brush off. I struggled to suppress a laugh, but I managed. Lily took Rebecca by the wrist, "Come with me, Becks. We'll see our other halves later."

Lily and Rebecca ran off into the Great Hall together, leaving Lorcan and I standing together.

"Nice hair." Lorcan said, suppressing a laugh.

I ran my hand down my hair, "Ugh. It's disgusting." I grimaced, "There's so much gel on my head." when I saw Lorcan's look of suppressed laughter, I snorted a little and added, "Lily's idea."

Lorcan and I walked into the Great Hall in the pursuit of our girlfriends when we suddenly got stopped at the door by Riley. She was shadowing Professor Flitwick for the year, so she could become the Charms professor someday.

"Hey, you two." she greeted, a wide smile plastered across her face, "Don't tell me you went as a werewolf and a vampire?"

I scoffed, "Yeah. We totally have costumes with each other."

Riley laughed, sensing my sarcasm, "Alright. Merlin." she looked around, "Where are Lily and Becca anyway?"

Lorcan looked around the room and said, "They're talking to Ally. Looks like Frankie talked McGonagall into letting him come back to match his sister."

My eyebrows rose in a no shit sort of way, "He wanted to do a Gatsby Halloween, I guess." I explained, looking around to where Lorcan was looking, "Oh, thank Merlin. She found Bailey."

Riley side-eyed me before she snorted. Shaking her head, she wiped at the corner of her eye, "Oh, Frankie."

The three of us started over toward them. Once we reached them, Frankie pulled me into a hug.

"Keeping up the fun, I hear." he whispered in my ear.

I felt ears burn, but I let myself laugh. Frankie left school the previous year and made sure we didn't stop hanging out because we were missing our fourth. We didn't but Lily kept saying it was like history repeating itself in a good way.

Frankie and I separated from each other, "Did McGonagall let Al attend this party?"

Frankie sighed, "Sadly, no. Which sucks, because he's Gatsby."

I laughed. Frankie was one of those people that went away from stories with an idea of a specific character being queer, which is fine, but he liked to talk about how a character was gay all the time.

It was getting late, and we were dancing and having as much fun as we could when Riley suddenly came running up to us out of breath.

"Lysander!" she screamed. The Great Hall went impressively quiet, and everyone turned their heads toward us. Riley skidded to a stop in front of Lily and I, "Thank Merlin. You're okay!"

I placed my hand on Riley's shoulder, "What do you mean, Ri?"

Riley caught her breath before starting, "Well, Flitwick told me to go out and patrol the halls. Make sure students aren't, you know-" I grimaced, scrunching my face in disgust, "-and I turned down a dark corridor when I thought I heard voices. I was looking around and I saw you lying on the floor." she threw her arms around me and hugged me tightly, "I didn't know if it was really you, but I didn't want to assume otherwise."

I looked at Lily briefly before hugging Riley back.

"Can you show someone where it is?" I asked.

Riley hesitated a moment, but she nodded her head.