Chapter 28

Chapter 28 -

We begin to pick up the clothes that were on the floor...and there was a lot. "When was the last time you saw your older brother, Bryli?" Niall asked as we began to fold the pants and shorts.

"Well, let's see," I began as I put down the folded pair of shorts that was in my hands, "the last time I saw Cam was right after my ex broke up with me. He was here for like a week and then he left."

"How close were you with your older brother?" I sighed and folded another pair of shorts before speaking again.

"I guess you could say we were pretty close even though there was a five year age difference. We pretty much did everything together... that was until he turned eighteen. It's like he totally forgot I was even his sister. It was around the time when Steph was born when he moved out of the house."

"Do you miss hanging out with him?" I put the shorts in my hand in front of me and slid next to Niall. He put his arm around me.

"Yeah, I do. He's just so busy with his work that he almost couldn't come the last time he did."

"Where does your older brother live?"

"I'm not even sure...it's like he doesn't want us to visit him." I began to softly cry.

"Bryli, I'm sure your brother misses you too. You can always call him, right?" Niall wiped away the tears that we're strolling down my face.

"I guess I could call him more often." I had stopped crying and we went back to folding the shorts and pants. We were quiet for a while until Niall pointed to a pair of black shorts.

"I'll wear those," he told me. I passed it to him and put the rest of the folded pants and shorts back in the bottom drawer.

"I'll wear them with this white tank top." He handed me the other tank tops for me to put away. I looked around my brother's room and remembered all the nights I'd come down here to talk to him about things from school. Cameron was such a good listener; I'm sure he'll make a great husband one day.

"What are you thinking about, Bryli?" Niall asked me. I turned to look at him; he was lying on my brother's bed shirtless. I walked over to the bed and crawled up next to Niall. I laid my head on his chest and put my hand in his.

"I was just thinking about how I used to come down here all the time to talk to Cam about stuff that happened at school."

"Stuff like what?"

"There was this one time where we had a food fight in the third grade and I had gotten cake in my hair. It had stained my hair pink."

"But your hair is brown...how could it stain your hair pink?"

"I was born a blonde. I dyed my hair last year because of the play I was in."

-------------------

vote/comment/fan

-Ari Horan-