Blow Up

A few days after my date with Wrench, me and Marcus head to the hackerspace together after Sitara calls and lets us know that she's found another secret safe house where the Tezcas store their drugs.

"So we've gotta take this place down, but how?" Marcus says as we all gather around the meeting table.

"We could set fire to all the drugs, or maybe like most of them." Wrench chines in, squeezing his fingers together as he says that final part.

I smother a laugh with my hand as Marcus shakes his head. "I think we should blow the place up." I say, and Wrench's head turns to me so quickly I'm worried he's broken his neck.

His mask changes to hearts momentarily as he stares. "That. That is a fucking great idea." Wrench adds, pointing at me as he talks to Marcus.

"How about we just contact the police who we know aren't under the Tezcas payroll to confiscate and arrest the shit heads." Sitara states, looking at us as if we're crazy.

"You always ruin the fun." Wrench mumbles like a kid, but nodding anyway.

"I'll head there and make sure everyone's nice and cosy for when the police arrive." Marcus suggests, getting up, I stand up with him as everyone looks to me.

"I'm coming with you." I say sternly and Marcus sighs shaking his head.

"I'm coming with you." I say again, gritting my teeth as I'm fed up of being coddled.

"Okay, but you do everything I tell you." Marcus points, and I smile as I nod my head enthusiastically.

-------------------------
We get inside the run down house, and begin taking out the gang members one by one, stealthily.

Since it's a small opeteration there aren't many around, so it doesn't take long to have them all tied up and unconscious to help the police out.

Marcus and I walk into the room where they're storing the drugs and my eyes roam over the packages.

"This would make one hell of a party." I joke to Marcus, but another voice fills my earbuds.

"Tut-tut, that's very naughty." Wrench teases, and his tone makes me blush. I'm glad Marcus isn't on the same channel as us.

We walk back into the living room where everyone is being kept, and Marcus does another sweep.

One guy beckons me over with his head, and I kneel next to him.

"You're gonna pay for this you dumb bitc-" he begins, but my fist meets his face before he can finish.

"You okay over there?" Marcus calls from across the room. I give him a thumbs up and kick the guy in the groin before joining Marcus outside.

We walk across the street and hide behind a house as the police finally arrive.

Marcus and I watch as the gang members are all dragged out and arrested, and I hold my hand out for a high five.

Instead, Marcus pulls me into a hug and mumbles "You did good."

I squeeze him back, conveying words I can't say right now, my throat feels thick with tears and I hate that I feel so proud right now.

"Race you to the car?" Marcus asks, but I'm already in front running.