Unusual Night

Hello! This is my first time publishing a story so there might be some grammatical errors and I also accept grammatical corrections/criticism.

Warning: Brief mentions of death and drugs, Mild censored swearing

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

Waking up in the middle of the night is nothing out of the ordinary for E̶̜̚͜#̴͈̠͕͕̇̄̂̑̀0̷͇̳̟̞̦̈͋̃r̸̭̟̍̈́͑̅͘͠i̸̘̖̾͜͜ḑ̶̝̬̄͌%̴͚͒̑̚͝ḵ̸̱̪̏͜*̸͕̈́̒̀̏͘̚ạ̵̢͉̙̻̯̀. However, something about this night feels... unusual.

E̶̜̚͜#̴͈̠͕͕̇̄̂̑̀0̷͇̳̟̞̦̈͋̃r̸̭̟̍̈́͑̅͘͠i̸̘̖̾͜͜ḑ̶̝̬̄͌%̴͚͒̑̚͝ḵ̸̱̪̏͜*̸͕̈́̒̀̏͘̚ạ̵̢͉̙̻̯̀. Felt something wrong with her body once she was fully conscious. She was about to grab her digital wristwatch, which was on top of the computer desk beside her bed, when she suddenly froze upon noticing her hand. She was about to scream but she quickly slapped a hand on her mouth as she didn't want to wake her family and neighbors up.

She swiftly sat up and instantly regretted it the moment her vision darkened and a wave of dizziness slammed her. She closed her eyes(?) and sat still until the dizziness stopped and regained her vision. Afterwards, E̶̜̚͜#̴͈̠͕͕̇̄̂̑̀0̷͇̳̟̞̦̈͋̃r̸̭̟̍̈́͑̅͘͠i̸̘̖̾͜͜ḑ̶̝̬̄͌%̴͚͒̑̚͝ḵ̸̱̪̏͜*̸͕̈́̒̀̏͘̚ạ̵̢͉̙̻̯̀ looked at her hand again then to the clothes she was currently wearing.

"What the hell...am I dreaming or something?", she whispered to herself as she grabbed hold of her wristwatch, checking the time. "1:03 AM", she muttered as she placed her wristwatch back on the desk and spotted her previously worn clothes neatly folded on top of her black swivel chair. "Huh, so that's where it went", she sighed, a frown forming on her face. "Welp! This is going to hurt", and with that, a loud sound of what seems like bone hitting bone resonated through her room.

"Yep. That hurts", she winced, rubbing her bony cheek. "So...this isn't actually a dream, I really am my skeleton OC", she murmured looking at the door of her room, remembering the news about people turning into something. She suddenly groaned and mentally face-palmed herself. "I should have paid attention to the news yesterday", can't really blame her, watching news that's about death, pandemic, drugs, and other things like that makes her head hurt and feel like collapsing on the ground. E̶̜̚͜#̴͈̠͕͕̇̄̂̑̀0̷͇̳̟̞̦̈͋̃r̸̭̟̍̈́͑̅͘͠i̸̘̖̾͜͜ḑ̶̝̬̄͌%̴͚͒̑̚͝ḵ̸̱̪̏͜*̸͕̈́̒̀̏͘̚ạ̵̢͉̙̻̯̀ rubbed the bridge of her nose(?) as she nervously laughed and started tearing up unconsciously. She can feel her pessimistic thoughts swarming in her mind, attempting to drown her in her own mind. She began to notice tears streaming down her cheeks. She wiped her tears with the fluffy sleeves of her OC's coat(?).

E̶̜̚͜#̴͈̠͕͕̇̄̂̑̀0̷͇̳̟̞̦̈͋̃r̸̭̟̍̈́͑̅͘͠i̸̘̖̾͜͜ḑ̶̝̬̄͌%̴͚͒̑̚͝ḵ̸̱̪̏͜*̸͕̈́̒̀̏͘̚ạ̵̢͉̙̻̯̀ finally calmed down after a few minutes and stands up to get her backpack that was hanging at the side of her nearest wardrobe. She started packing her notebooks, writing materials, some clothes,and hygiene items into her backpack before taking her coat and boots off. Grabbing a gray reusable bag from one of the drawers, she put her boots in it before folding her coat and stuffing it in her backpack. Afterwards,they knelt down to reach their shoes under the bed and slipped it on. They grabbed their oversized red jacket from the coat rack near the door and put it on after they stuffed their phone charger, power bank, and wallet into their backpack. Grabbing her phone on top of her desk, she was about to slip it in her pocket but placed it in her bag instead after she remembered that she's wearing leggings which don't have pockets. They slid one of the straps of their bag to her left shoulder and snatched a piece of paper to write a letter to her family to let them know what happened and to not worry too much about her. Once they completed their letter, they taped it to their door and left to go downstairs. She quietly went down the stairs and went straight to the kitchen to grab some crackers and a bottle of water which she ,of course, put in her bag.

Now that E̶̜̚͜#̴͈̠͕͕̇̄̂̑̀0̷͇̳̟̞̦̈͋̃r̸̭̟̍̈́͑̅͘͠i̸̘̖̾͜͜ḑ̶̝̬̄͌%̴͚͒̑̚͝ḵ̸̱̪̏͜*̸͕̈́̒̀̏͘̚ạ̵̢͉̙̻̯̀ had everything they needed, there's only one problem left. "How the f-ck do I go out without making too much noise?", they questioned themself, thinking of ways on how to go out without opening the front door that would make an obvious loud noise. She did consider teleporting outside but she's not sure if she can do it easily. Heck! They haven't even learned the basics of their magic.They quietly groaned when they couldn't think of any better ideas. 'You know what? F-ck basics and doubts! Lemme just worry about the consequences later.', She mentally declared as she closed her eye sockets and concentrated. They visualized that they were outside their house, in front of the silver metal gate, in the middle of the empty street. She suddenly felt the cold wind blowing at her face after a few minutes of concentration. "Huh, can't believe that actually works" They mused. She really was in front of the metal gate of her house, in the middle of the wide empty street with the tall lamp post and the moon as the only source of light.

They walked away for a few seconds before coming to a halt. They can't believe they're actually running away and can't help but recall their memories about her family. Sure, they sometimes made her angry and frustrated but she never wanted them to get hurt or worse during this apocalyptic phenomenon. They sighed, taking one last look at her home before leaving. They ran as fast as she could with the moon in the clear starless night and several lamp posts guiding her on her unforeseen and potentially dangerous journey.

She ran farther, leaving a faint trail of what seems to be glimmering drops of magic as their footfalls reverberated throughout the night.

*They were filled with AMBITION

This was truly an Unusual Night...

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

I added a new warning since I forgot to type it down before (─.─||)

November 15, 2022