1

Amelie's POV

"the train now approaching is the 07:19 to East Croydon. Calling at Three Bridges and Gatwick Airport and East Croydon."

I hauled myself off of the bench, grabbing my handbag in the process. I did love my job, but getting up at 6:30 every morning was a real pain in the ass. We had to be there at 9:00 sharp, and even though my train gets in at 7:44, I stop at McDonalds for breakfast and then walk for 20 minutes to work.

I searched for an empty seat on the train, finding only two possibilities. One was next to a sweaty man, and the odour made me scrunch up my nose in displeasure. The other option, and possibly the more desirable one, was next to a man in a suit, staring out the window at the display board. Well, at least he didn't smell.

I pushed past business men and women, earning some displeased looks. If looks could kill, I'd have been dead a couple years ago.

"God, could you be a bit more rough?" I heard some woman mutter.

I swung my bag into her side, receiving a gasp in return. "Actually, I could, would you like me to?" I asked, plastering an innocent smile to my face, loving her reaction. Scoffing, she turned her head to look out of the window of the train.

I reach the seat and just as I was about to sit, the train moved forward with a violent jerk. It sent me sprawling across the man who would've been my companion, sending his laptop to the floor in a crash.

"Shit, I'm so sorry about this, I just - the train it started moving and - oh god I've spilt your coffee as well -"

I was stopped by a heart wrenching laugh, vibrating through me as I tried to push myself off the man. He quietened down to a chuckle as I looked at him, confused.

"Wha-"

"It's fine seriously, I didn't even like that coffee," his eyes crinkled at the edges as he smiled, probably taking pity on the 21 year old who sat next to him. "As for my laptop, it's a brick, it's unbreakable."

I fiddled with a loose bit of skin on my thumb, sitting there in an awkward silence. He sighed and turned back to the window, staring at nothing, placing his earbuds into his ears.

Oh now look what you've done, Amelie. You've messed it right up haven't you.

*

ok, so that was a small introduction into First Class, I hoped you liked it. So leaving feedback and please vote if you liked it!

peace out xx