dream sweet in sea major

Walking over towards chip, who was facing one of the boats corners, sweeping the same area. Jay called over to him. He felt himself mentally groan, turning around slowly to see her holding a cup of orange juice. "Hey! You've been working pretty hard, earl made some drinks so here!" She offered him the glass, trying not to giggle.

"Ugh.. thanks but no thanks.. I'm good" he said, side glancing back to the corner, hoping she and gillion would go. "Chip, refreshing yourself is good. It strengths those bones of yours!" Gillion spoke, hoping to encourage chip to take it. And it worked, he caved in and took him. "Fine, but you'll leave me alone afterwards right?"

Jay nodded, and waited for the man to take a sip, and once he did he could taste the spice instantly. He paused, feeling a small smirk curve onto his lips. "Huh, thanks. This tastes good." He fakily took more sips, watching the confusion from gillion and the somewhat horror on jays faces appear.

"Have you tried some yet gil?" Chip motioned the cup to gillion, gillion took it, unsure of what to say. "No but I, Gillian tidestrider shall drink it!" Jay watched Gillian drink it all, feeling herself burst out laughing as instant sweating drooled out of gillion. Chip broke down laughing as, as gillion kept repeating on how chip had been pranked, he coughed and wheezed, feeling tears start to form and his chest to go tight.

"You think he'll be alright?" Jay spoke, after awhile of watching and laughing a gillion, who had know collapsed to the floor, still repeating that chip had been pranked. Chip laughed, lowering himself to gillions side, taking the bottle from jay. "Open wide bud! The more the better!"

Gillion felt dizzy, but opened his mouth; not thinking much of it. Feeling the sauce hit the back of his throat he coughed, leaning upwards and vomiting. To this chip stepped back, watching as gillion suddenly seemed to panic. "Uh- that doesn't seem right" jay said, panicking aswell- running to find any sort of medkit. Chip watched, also slightly panicking. "Hey- hey- gil, man. It's ok- uhm.." he sat with Gill who no longer spoke, only sitting forward and crying, holding his chest. "Chip I can't feel my breathing, is this normal?" Chips eyes widened, watching as gillions gills even seemed to heave. "Ahhh uhh... Is it normal for fish people??" He asked, looking over to where jay runned off to. "JAY!"

"HURRY UP!!!" Chip yelled, panicking way more know as gil rested his head on. Chip. Chip only held the man's hand, who gripped tightly onto it. "Is this fear? It feels quite like it!" Gillion laughed out, his mouth know dripping blood and some left over vomit and hotsauce. "Chip..." The man coughed, chip started crying. "Yeah- yeah man? Anything you want. I'm here"

Chip felt it in his chest, pain. He didn't realize how lethal the sauce would be. "Thank you for having me on this journey of yours. And though my destiny has led me to this moment, I believe that yours will shine brighter then ever"

"Yeah? Well, I'd like to have your destiny keep leading you on" chip sobbed out, holding on to gil, resting his head on the man's shoulder. "I..."

"I don't think that will be the case." Gillion continued, coughing alot more. "I am so sorry that in some of my last moments i- Haven't had much of a good impression thrown onto me. But I hope you understand that I was doing it to help you."

Chip only continued to cry, nodding softly "yeah.. yeah I know gil.."

There was silence and jay was still nowhere to be seen. "JAY! FOR FUCKS SAKE HURRY UP!" Chip screamed, clenching onto gillion. His body going somewhat limp.

"Promise.. promise me this chip, as my departing wish"
Chip  listened, nodding.

"You'll be honest from know on. And if you need to, tell your lies to the stars." Chip chuckled "of course bud, anything for you. But your not going anywhere soon so dont try and leave so eagerly.
Gillion only weakly laughed. "Chip I have come to realize that..." He paused, using the rest of the energy he had to lean up and stare at the other, who's eyes were clouded with tears.  

" I have come to realize that...meeting you, journeying with you and going through all these challenges with you was so that I as a person, could teach you to be better." Gillion paused, chip only looked at him with slight confusion "what do you mean by that gil?"

Gillion rested himself on the boats wood, smiling while looking uo at the stars.

"What I mean is chip, My destiny was you."

Chip felt his heart pause and his breath pitch, even his tears seemed to have stopped. As the boy Infront of him closed his eyes, by this jay came running- holding the medkit "I'm sorry I took long i couldn't... Find... It.." as jay had run to the boys she slowed down, looking as chip was know was quietly leaning over gillion, cupping his pale and cold face.

He shoved his face into the man's shoulder, wacking his body. Screaming out a painful "NO!"

Jay dropped the medkit, horror as tears formed in her eyes as she clasped her hands to her mouth. "NO NO NO!!" Chip repeated, hitting the man more.

Jay, hesitatingly put a hand on chips shoulder, pulling him slightly away from the body. "Chip..."

Chip didn't speak. He felt cold. Colder then the body before him. He merely stood up, turning softly to look at jay, anger, guilt, sadness and all of the divines despair flooded into the man.

"This is a bad dream right? This is a sick fucking joke and I'm going to wake up!" He laughed, somewhat manically as he held his own face, trembling as he knew he was lying to himself.

Silence only replied, jay not knowing what to say looked over at gillion. She looked away quickly afterwards. Sighing. "I'll.."

"I'll go inform earl.."

As she stepped away she bit her lip, making her way to earl. "Don't do anything dumb!" Those words echoed in her mind.

Maybe destiny could've been different.