(1-1)/Spring Sonata

I wake to the sound of alarm beeping .I sit up and turn it off . Glancing around my room, I noticed a familiar letter and a fancy looking Uniform along with my cello next to it.'its been ten years since I'm playing this cello'. I take a deep breath and leave my bedroom.

Mom left me some bread and a carton of milk on the table, as usual.
'its the cheap bread and milk from the convenience store........'. I guess I shouldn't expect her to come to the opening ceremony with me today'.
Its not a surprise but it disappoints me anyway .

I sat down at my dressing table and look at my calm , cold and distant expression in the mirror. I put down the acceptance letter from Chaminade that I worked so hard to earn .She wanted me to get to Chaminade but she doesn't even care about the opening ceremony. 'Her job keeps us fed tho ,it's more important'.

I forced myself to smile

'Forget it , I better pack up my things'

I pick up my uniform the school sent and smooth out its creases.

'Chaminde, here i come'

*****************************************

At Chaminde
The school entrance is bustling with freshman and parents taking pictures.
The campus' Neoclassical architecture is solemn and dignified as it silently welcomes these bright-eyed students from all over the country.
A splendid rainbow is reflected on the gurgling fountain. The freshman chatter happily in the background.Two sound blend into a harmonious theme.
The new students are accompanied by their parents. just as cello accompany its bow. Watching them chat happily makes me more alone.....excluded even.

I stroll the campus alone.I pass by a bright lit classroom window and catch a glimpse of my expressionless face in the reflection.

'"isn't that the Star Cellist?"

"Why does she looks so unhappy?"

"They call her the Ice Queen. I wonder if its true."

I eavesdrop on the two students gossiping nearby.

"Ouch!"   ???

A clumsy girl bumps to me. I manage to keep my balance but the girl and her cello case falls to the ground.i pick up the case and hand it to her as she stands up
'I hope her cello is okay'

The girl takes a moment to brush herself off. She didn't look shocked by the accident. Her eyes are bright blue with excitement of starting school.Her ill-fitting uniform is dusty from the fall.
"Im sorry, are you ok?" ??

She takes the cello and dust it off carelessly as she apologized for bumping and casually swing it to her back .

'Watch it'

I grimace at how she treats her cello. She doesn't give me a good impression.

"I thought i was late, so I-"... ??

" Its okay" i said

I don't want to talk to her. I turn to the direction im going, surprisingly she ran up to me.

"Your a cellist too huh?" she said

"Did u come here alone? I did"

The girl smiles excitingly.

"Uh huh"i said looking in my direction, not sparing a glance at her

'What a coincidence ,she's here alone too' I thought myself .