Chapter 5

Soft music surrounds me as I wake up in Ezra's car. Lazily I open my eyes to find myself alone. I scan the surroundings. Ezra has brought us near some mall to do god knows what. I sigh and listen to the soft music pouring from the speakers to my ears.

I have to say Ezra has pretty good taste in music. I wait for a few more minutes for Ezra to return.

"That's it!", I exclaimed and got out of his car.

I walk up towards the mall. Once I get inside, I see teenage girls giggling over something in one corner while some ladies are shopping nearby. I wander around to find a washroom. I find it at one dimly lit corner.

After finishing up my business, I head towards the cafeteria. It is beautiful inside. The booths are decorated with flowers and branches while the path inside is filled with little plants leading the way.

I walk towards the barista standing at the front desk.

"What can I get you Miss?", she asks politely.

"One cold coffee please with extra whipped cream.", I smile at her.

"Coming right up."

While I wait for my beverage I look around the cafeteria. I see Ezra sitting at one of the booths chatting with some people. He seems at ease. I smile at him.

"Your coffee, Miss.", the same bartender from before hands me my coffee.

"Thank you", I reply.

I pay for my treat and sit at a farther booth from where Ezra is sitting with an outside view. I pull my earphones and phone out from my pocket to listen to songs while enjoying the view from the window and my coffee.

I close my eyes for a moment and let myself get carried away in the music.

Suddenly something pulls away one of my earphones, catching my attention.

I turn my face in that direction just to find Ezra standing beside me.

"You ready for a surprise?", he asks while wiggling his brow.

I narrowed my eyes on him. He's never been the fun type.

Maybe you just don't know him well, my wolf purrs.

Yeah maybe.

"What kind of surprise?", I inquire while sipping my coffee.

He sits down next to me and brushes his fingers through his hair to adjust the bangs that once covered his forehead.

Ezra clears his throat. I let my eyes glide right into his.

"There's a club. I have some friends here, they told me it would be a hella mistake to miss this opportunity.", Ezra finishes, waiting for my answer.

Who was I to deny a fun time.

"Sure", I shrug and go back to my view and coffee.

"Okay then let's get some clothes first", I add.

"Whatever you want", he pats my head once and goes away.

What is it with him and my head? I gotta wash my hair now. God knows when was the last time he washed his hands.

I finish up my coffee and join Ezra near the doorway.

"Let's goooo!", I exclaim and start walking.

Ezra follows me closely.

We entered a shop. It had all the types of dresses, from short party dresses to long silk gowns. I look around the shop to find a decent dress. I don't know what kind of club Ezra is talking about, so I'll have to look for a dress which will suit whatever kind of club I'll go to.

While looking through a rack full of clothes, someone taps on my shoulder. I turn around.

"Here", Ezra pushes a piece of fabric towards me.

"What is it?"

"What you'll be wearing for tonight."

I roll my eyes and shove the dress or whatever it is back in his hands.

"No thanks. I'll find one on my own."

I try to turn around but a hand grabs onto my arm and spins me back to where I was facing.

I am stopped straight in front of Ezra's face, just inches away from mine. His eyes are terrifyingly close to mine. I blink once. twice.

"What the hell Ezra!", I whisper shout at him while trying to wiggle out my arm from his hand. He just tightens his hold.

"Just try it out."

He pushes back the material in my hand and leaves without leaving room for argument.

"Huhhh"

I put the material on a nearby shelf and continued my search.

I find a red wrap top shining at the endings. It has a flowy texture and a belt in the middle. This seems nice. It'll go well with shorts.

I find the appropriate clothing and change into it.

I look at myself in the full length mirror. I have to say, it really looks good on me. I let my hair down, let it flow through my shoulder.

Getting out of the changing rooms, I make my way towards the counter. The guy standing before the counter is tall enough to cover the entire area.

"Excuse me.", I say politely.

The tall figure turns around. To my very astonishment, the tall figure is none other than Ezra.

He looked stunning in his ripped jeans and white sneakers. I eye him from the top of his head till his feet. I am in awe of him, and I can't even deny it. Finger brushed hair looks like he has just woken up from his bed but it looks really good on him. The denim jacket that he has worn over a black shiny t-shirt that says 'I am here' suits him too well. He looks not of his age but particularly older.

While I was ogling him, again I might add, he paid for both of our dresses and he even bought something else too. He has been too nice to me today.

I'll buy him something nice too, I tell myself. I don't want to owe him anything. I know he doesn't think like that but it would place me at ease if I would do something nice for him too. It seems like he's unusually charming and a gentleman.

"You look nice. Let's go", Ezra smiles a little but I can see his black smokey eyes too well.

I nod at him. He turns around and I follow him.