Prologue

In the tropics somewhere in Asia, a girl sleeping beside her sister in their messy room woke up to her alarm ringing blaringly, her mind barely registering anything after just having been woken up from a deep slumber.

The girl was about to search for her glasses which she keeps at the foot of the bed but stopped as she finally took notice of something. Her eyesight was clear and sharp. No longer does she see a mass of blurred colors. Her eyes can see things she never had before! Details and fine lines of the objects in the room around her, how light reflects and refract, tiny hairs of an ant crawling by the other side of the room, the fine grain of the wooden ceiling, and the pulsing veins under her sister's skin.

Then it happened.

The girl finally took notice of her hands which were slightly glistening under the light trickling through the doorway. The skin of her body had taken on an iridescent pearl-like luster. It was semi-transparent in appearance to the point of seeing the transparent blood vessels and veins that carried the blood that reminisced a galaxy slowly flowing through it smoothly, as her muscles seemed to be comprised of crystalline velvety sinews that were tightly woven and streamlined, also gem-like bones that faintly gleamed a prism of colors, and tattoo-like markings made of smooth crystals on both arms, with the right arm bearing the marks that reflect Yang, Creation, Light, Life, Positivity, and Good although her left arm bears the imprint that reflects Yin, Destruction, Darkness, Death, Negativity, and Evil.

A sense of familiarity was bubbling up, along with hints of anxiety coming to light, except she took a deep breath and breathed out slowly, instantly balancing her emotions, after effectively calming herself quite a bit and quietly managing to get out of bed without disturbing her sister. She began to take tentative steps toward the bathroom sneakily.

When she arrived, she immediately went inside and locked the door behind her as quietly as possible. Slowly she turned and looked at herself in the mirror.

There in the mirror was a tall ethereal woman with androgynous features. Her hair is floating behind her like silk submerged underwater, just looking at it will remind you of the northern lights shining beautifully in the nighttime sky, her eyes like a swirling abyss of stars and colors that will suck you in as you stare at them, her lips lush and soft like rose petals in a seductive pout, her face is both handsome and beautiful at the same time being a complete balance of both femininity and masculinity, and her forehead bore a gem-like mark of the yin and yang symbol surrounded by Celtic vine-like designs.

The girl confirmed her guess after looking at herself in the mirror and narrowing her eyes in irritation. "S***!" she cussed under her breath as an ethereal androgynous voice that was as sweet and smooth as honey passed through her lips. "It seems like I've become Tessa Avaline overnight, and if this happened to me, then what about others? I'll check later. I will need to change my appearance to that of my former self before my sister tries to bulldoze her way in as usual. I swear she's even worse now that's she pregnant."

The girl sat on the toilet's lid before she made herself comfortable, slowly she concentrated and delved into the recesses of her soul, focusing on her old self's silhouette that was reaching out with their arms wide open in the form of an embrace. She dove right into the silhouette's embrace and merged as her body and soul changed their appearance to that of her former self.

...

'Ugh! experiencing that myself is truly disorienting in so many ways. I'm going to need to practice as much as I can. I need to be able to do it instantly and to get rid of that awful feeling so I can use it practically.'I thought as I stood up, shaking my head, trying to get rid of the dizziness from my brain.

I looked at myself again via the mirror, checking for any mistakes made during the process. I looked everywhere, satisfied to find that there were no mistakes. I quickly flushed the toilet to pretend that I had finished using the toilet. I unlocked the door and headed out of the bathroom before returning to the bedroom to retrieve my phone.

'I wish I had taken my phone with me earlier when I snuck out. My sister would be demanding me to buy or make her breakfast the very moment I walked in there. Hope she doesn't lose her temper on me again, damn those hormones of hers.' I thought as I stepped into the doorless bedroom after pushing the curtains aside.

'Huh, she's still out like a light. She must have drank chamomile tea last night.' I thought as I went to the foot of the bed and took my phone that was beside my glasses case. 'Right... I need to wear glasses.' I thought as I took my glasses holder and left for the living room.

I sat on the couch and took out my glasses. I stared at the lens for a bit before using matter manipulation to change the lens, turning it into a pair of gradeless glasses before putting it on.

"Ok, let's get this over with," I said aloud with a grimace. I took my phone and checked out the news.