confession

She drove the car in the night time. The road was free and near ECR,it doesn't need any explanation. The dim street lights,the silence around,mullai turned on the music system - her favourite Raja sir songs.

Kathir was a bit uncomfortable and sensing that mullai asked"enna da??"

"Illa... hesitantly...romba dhagama iruku..."he told slowly.

"Cha avalodhana... adha open Pannu water bottle irukum..."she told pointing to the front drawer.

Opening it he took the bottle,drank it and while replacing it back he saw some eclair chocolates. Her all time favourite chocolate or snack. With a smile he asked"innum chinna papa maari oru ruba eclair chocolate craze pogala unnaku..."and she looked at him from corner of her eyes.

He continued"unkita oru difference yum illa...adhey siripu...kurumbu thanam...unnaku pudichu Raja sir songs... ellam appadiya Iruku..."

"Dei naa yen maara poren...??"she asked and continued"neeyum appadi dhan Iruka...enna ippo innum smart ah iruka... avalodhan"

His face fall hearing it and he looked away. Mullai saw that and asked"enna achu kathir??"

"Naa orey maari irukara person illa mullai..."he sounded low. Knowing he is sad which mullai didn't like she changed the topic "Situation paathu ellarum change avanga kathir...seri yen driving eppadi iruku"

Kathir turned to her and said"edho paravala...yenna ennoda uyirku dhan guarantee illa..."and she with one hand on steering and used the other to pinch him.

"Eii...valikudhu di..."he whinced and she said"valikathum...eppo achum enna appreciate pannirikiya da nee??" Only those hidden letters and poems he wrote for her know how much she is valued in his life.

Turning her face she drove the car smoothly and in between they talked. They talked about everything their likes, their careers, their choices and what not.

Kathir told how he got the opportunity to pickup bike racing and mullai shared her experience on how she turned as an event manager.

They shared about their difficult times , who helped them ,how much they struggled,their memories, appreciation everything. But neither of them talked about their past. The past that changed their lives.

Mullai really wanted to speak about it but she kept quiet because it's after a long time they both are meeting up and she doesn't want to make it awkward nor disturbed for him. Kathir on the other hand couldn't believe he is with her that moment and all he wants is to cherish it. He didn't want to spoil it by thinking or speaking his bitter times.

After half an hour,kathir asked "mulla late agiduchu... naa kelambaren nee safe ah poidiviya???" And she replied " no problem da..." and they exchanged their phone numbers.Mullai dropped him at the hotel he is staying and she left the place.

Kathir went to his room. Washed his face,loosened his tie and sat on the bed.  He met her nearly after 6 years. She was in front of him for almost 3 hours. They talked,they shared everything and she was with him. What more he could ask for??? All these years he felt he wasn't lucky enough for anything but this one meeting even if it was sudden and less he felt so happy.

Her care free attitude,her way of adjusting her hair,her angry cute face and her happy loud laughter he wanted the time to pause for him to feel that again. Slowly his college memories was coming back to him.

The first time he saw, their first meet-up,their first friendships moments,their random talks,their movie review discussion,their first fight.

It is all still fresh in his mind. The time he realised he had feelings for her,the efforts he use to take to propose to her. The time his eyes would admire her, all was coming back to him and slowly tears was forming in his eyes. The day when he was about to open his heart and when it broke down. The difficult painful days he faced after that and the fact he wasn't able to go back to college after that.