Chapter 9

"Marsha! Thank god you're back! How's your grandpa? Is he alright?" I asked and hugged her.

"I missed you so much! My grandpa is going to be fine. I don't have to worry about it as much." She said.

Marsha told me what it was like in Utah and I really wanted to tell her about Tony and her sister Judy. She had heard rumors about me and Hunter, apparently Summer had spent the whole week telling people that Hunter was leaving me for her.

"I'm so sorry. I know this is a sensitive topic but what are you going to do for prom?" Marsha asked.

"I'm not going." I mumbled.

"You have to! I'll go with you. We can go together." Marsha said and grinned.

"That's sweet but I don't want to hold you back from having a good time." I said.

"Megan, I don't have a prom date at all. We can at least have fun together." She said.

I smiled and saw Adam heading towards us. Girls gasped as he walked like a model. He flipped his hair and Marsha's breath caught in her throat.

"Hey Marsha." Adam said and grinned.

"Uh, hi Adam." Marsha replied, blushing like crazy.

"I have a question for you. You know how prom is only a week away, well I was wondering if you wanted to go. With me." Adam said.

"O-of course. I'm glad you asked me." Marsha said and hugged him.

I smiled weakly as Adam laughed and walked away. Marsha turned to look at me and her eyes sparkled.

"Have fun at prom." I said and got my things.

"Oh no, Megan! I'm so sorry. I forgot." She said and blushed.

"It's fine. I have better things to do then go to prom." I replied.

"Hunter wait!" Summer shouted.

Hunter was storming towards us and my heart began to hurt. Why was he so mad? Why was he heading towards us?

"Megan, do you want to go to prom with me?" Hunter blurted out.

Summer screamed and tried to grab Hunter. Marsha pushed her away and Summer landed on her butt.

"Stay away from him you little trashy whore!" She shouted.

"Oh! My sister isn't taking anyone's bullcrap!" Judy shouted and pumped her fist.

Hunter smiled when he saw her. I laughed and then Hunter grabbed my hands.

"I'm so sorry. I found out what Summer did yesterday. I feel awful for hurting you. Please go to prom with me." Hunter said and kissed me.

"Okay. I'll go to prom with you." I said and hugged him.

Summer got to her feet and ran down the hallway. I laughed and Marsha smiled. Looks like I had a prom date.

"I don't want to go." I whined.

"Megan, you have to. They're expecting us to show up." Hunter complained.

I groaned and finally gave in. I grabbed my shoes and put them on as Hunter started the car. We had to meet Adam and Marsha at the mall to buy dresses and suits. I hated shopping.

"Sometimes I wonder if you're a girl at all." Hunter teased.

"Sometimes I wonder if you're the girl. You love shopping." I said.

"so? That doesn't mean anything. I don't do anything else girly." He said.

"What about that time I caught you wearing my makeup?" I asked.

"You promised never to bring that up." Hunter replied, blushing.

I leaned over and kissed him as he laughed. He pulled into the parking lot and we ran to meet Marsha and Adam.

"Finally. Where have you two been doing?" Marsha asked.

"Each other." Hunter and Adam said at the same time.

Marsha and I rolled our eyes but giggled. We walked towards a small store that had dresses in the display. Hunter was running through the store like a kid in a candy store. He picked out five suits to try on and I hadn't even picked out a dress yet. Marsha was trying to decide whether to try on a pink dress or a black one. She ran a hand through her curly hair and sighed. I pointed to the pink dress and she smiled. She quickly ran into the changing room and left Adam and me alone.

"Find anything yet?" He asked.

"Nope. You?" I asked.

"Nada. Help me out?" He asked.

I looked through the clothes and frowned. Adam came over and stood close to me.

"With this magical hand, I will find the perfect suit." I said and stuck my hand into the rack of suits. I grabbed a suit that felt like silk and pulled it out. It was white and would look perfect on Adam. I handed it to him and he stood there with his mouth opened.

"With this magical hand, I will pull out the perfect dress for you." Adam said and tried to find me a dress.

He pulled out a very short, very bright purple greenish dress and blushed. I laughed as he put it back. He smiled and went to go try on the suit, leaving me alone. I looked through the aisles and frowned. I hadn't found anything. Maybe I wasn't meant to go to prom. I finally sighed and turned around. A dress sticking out of the corner of another dress caught my eye. I quickly grabbed it and gasped. It was beautiful. Too beautiful for me. It was blue and had black on it. I held it against me and a sales women smiled at me. She dragged me towards a dressing room and I tried it on. I looked weird.

"Megan, did you find anything?" Marsha asked.

I opened the door a crack and stepped out. She gasped and looked me up and down. I stared at her and she blushed. She looked stunning. Hunter and Adam came out of their dressing rooms and stared at us. Hunter's eyes looked me over and then he smiled. He walked up to me and pulled me towards the mirrors. There stood the most beautiful guy in the whole world and he was standing next to an average girl.

"I always wanted prom to be the happiest day of my life." I said.

"I always knew prom would be the third greatest day of my life." Hunter replied.

"What are the first two?" I asked.

"The first one is when we met and when I had you as my girlfriend. The second day will be when we get married." He said.

My heart began to pound and I looked at the ground. I tried not to cry but it wasn't working. I kissed Hunter and quickly went to change. I had found my dress. We quickly paid and left. Marsha and Adam stayed at the mall to get to know each other more so Hunter and I had time on our own. We were walking towards the car when a familiar looking guy walked past us.

"Hey, isn't that?" Hunter asked.

I turned and almost dropped my bag. It was Tony!

"Tony! Tony Ray!" I shouted without thinking.

"Megan! what are you doing? He doesn't know us!" Hunter hissed.

"He knew you." I said as Tony turned around.

He saw Hunter and stood there for a moment. He ran over to us and grinned.

"No way dude! you're alive?" He asked.

Tony had a husky deep voice and he laughed when Hunter told him about when he woke up out of his coma. I thought about Mimi and so did Hunter. He turned serious and cleared his throat.

"Tony, we have to talk about Mimi." Hunter said.

Tony's expression changed. He frowned and looked away. He finally made eye contact with us and he looked angry.

"What about her?" He asked.

I knew this wasn't going to be easy.