Chapter 2

Day 4

It's been 3 days since I've seen Ian, and I feel wired about it----

No Jules, you can't like Ian. My subcontinent told me. She's right. I can't do this again. I can't go threw getting hurt again. Plus he's only staying here for a little bit, I can't get attached and then have him move back to England--- I picked up my phone and texted Ian.

Me: Ian, I can't do this. I can't get hurt again. I just can't. I won't make it this time. Please understand. I don't want to hurt you but I can't do this.

He replied almost immediately

What are you talking about Jules?
-Ian

Me: I fell in love once. I was happy. I got fooled. I was broken. I can't get hurt again. I won't let myself.

My phone rang and rang and rang. I let it ring. When I checked my phone I had 7 missed calls. All from the same person. Ian.

Jules, talk to me. Tell me how you got hurt.
-Ian

Me: I can't.

Why?
-Ian

Me: because if I tell you, then I'm letting you in and once I let you in. I--- I don't know how to push you away.

Then don't push me. Just let me in.
-Ian

Me: it's not that simple------

It is, you just think to much.
-Ian

I heard my doorbell ring. Who the hell is at my door at--- I looked at the time on my phone. 12:30

Me: I got to go, there's some idiot at my door at 12:30 in the fricken morning.

He didn't reply. I got out of bed and walked downstairs. When I got to the door I wiped my tears off of my face and opened the door. Ian stood there. Right when I opened the door he had his hands in his pockets. He wouldn't look at me. He took one big step to me and grabbed my face with both of his hands and kissed me like I would vanish from his arms in seconds. I reacted right away and kissed him back.

I could feel the wet tears on my face. He moved his thumbs on my cheeks to wipe them away. He pulled back and we just looked into each others eyes. "Will you please sit with me and tell me what's really going on?" He asked. "Umm," I didn't know what to say.

"Jules, you need to know you can trust me. Please just trust me." I didn't say anything I just grabbed his hand and pulled him to the living room. We sat down and I just looked at him. He could tell that I was nervous because my breathing got rigid. " about 3 years ago my schools bad boy started to notice me--- we started talking. And one thing led to another- I fell for him and I thought he fell for me. Turns out he was just trying to 'bang me' and he wanted my dads money. He bet with his friends that he could get me to sleep with him in under a year and the money from my dad was just a 'bonus'... After I told him no to sleeping with him--- he left me, luckily he didn't get any of my dads money but--- I was crushed.

all that time I thought he loved me....... And then he started to spread rumors that I slept with him. Which obviously was not true--- and then a lot of boys at my school tried to 'get with me' and every girl thought I was a slut--- even my best friend stopped talking to me... Long story short- I moved half way around the country and started over." I said putting my head in my hands "oh--- my god. I'm so sorry" he said. I felt a tear drop from my eyes "hey hey, it's ok! You don't need to worry about that now--- you will be fine. You have me to be there for you now--- don't worry about any other guy." He said pulling me into his chest and laying down with me on his chest. We stayed like that for so long I started to yawn "sleep--- you sound tired" he said to me. He kissed my forehead. We both fell asleep like that.