1 year later.
November 23rd, 1:45am Friday

I was exhausted to say the least. I closed my locker and grabbed my bag to finally head home. I got in my car and sat back for a moment until I heard my phone ring. I looked at it and immediately answered.

"Hello?"

"Yo missy"

"Yes Rico" I sighed and started up my car.

"Don't yes rico me. August been tryna call yo ass for a week now"

"I'm sorry. I have to put money on the phone, but I'm visiting him in a few days anyway"

"What's a few days?"

"Rico please don't start right now" he sighed.

"Ight man but why it sound like you in the car? Where you going at 1 in the morning?"

"Um I just left a late study session"

It fell silent until he spoke again." Ight text me when you get home"

I hung up and drove home. As I was pulling up, I heard my phone ding signaling I had a text. I looked at it and smiling seeing it was Taurus but I noticed I had 15 miss calls.

"Shit" I got out and grabbed my bag. I rushed up to the door and unlocked it and ran in. I stopped at the sight and smiled.

I walked up to her and picked her up trying not to wake Chris nor Melody

Yes, Melody Marie Alsina. It's simple but meaningful. Melody because August call me his melody to life and M for Malcom.

I took her upstairs and laid her down in her black bed. We went to find her a bed seat and she immediately went towards the black one, I don't know why. I walked back downstairs and went to the kitchen.

"Where yo ass been?" I closed the fridge and turned around to come face to face with Chris.

"Work" I sat down some stuff to make me a quick sandwich with.

"And where is work?" I rolled my eyes and continue making my food.

After August got sentenced and I had Melody, I didn't want to pause my life and ruin hers by being so depressed with how things turned out for me. So I decided to keep living forward with moving to California and going to school. Since Chris was moving here to, I decided to use him as a babysitter since he's the only person I knew here. It was perfect.

"You can leave now Chris. I'm here" I sat down at the table and ate my food while he just stood there.

"Alright" I watched him grab his stuff and shook his head. He looked at me as I ate and I sighed knowing where the conversation was going