20. N/A the pumkpin queen

The party went on all night.

"Let's thank N/A for saving Halloween Town from Ooogie for all eternity!"

Everyone raised their glasses to me. All their anger towards me has vanished. We sang, drink and danced the night away. Jack dance with me, holding me close against him "Are you sure you don't want to stay?" he pointed at the buffet "Sally could buy some soft drinks from the human world. The food problem wouldn't be a problem anymore." I was moved at this, touching his skull tenderly "You are sweet Jack, but my answer is still no. What about Sally?" He looked over to her. She stood near the entrance, looking sad. "Jack she really loves you...and I think...maybe even more than I do" I didn't mean to sound horrible, but he understood. He hugged me once more "If you can't stay here, can you at least visit us?" I returned the hug "you bet I will!"

Later that night, Sally and Jack talked to each other.

They decided to get together, to my relief. At least I don't go, leaving a sulky skeleton behind. But Jack had one more surprise for me, pulling me on stage "Everyone, I have an announcement to make!" He got a box from the back of the stage "I would like to give N/A a title, which will make her a rightful citizen of this town. Please give it up....to our new Pumpkin Queen!"

He handed me clothes and a necklace with a pumpkin on it "Whenever you visit us, you can wear these clothes" he pointed at the necklace" and this is a present from me, it is made out of my bones...that way, I am always with you wherever you go." I kissed Jack and Sally's cheek, thanking them for everything.

"I will never forget you guys"

Tears started to form on my face. The citizens came over to me, congratulating me for my title, giving me presents of their own. After the party I took my new bag, out of bat skin, on to my back. Jack and Sally joined me to the graveyard, where the last portal was left to the human world.

"Till next year the tree will be repaired" he said, opening the doors.

"And next time I won't ruin your event...I will be in the crown watching with excitement" I said laughing at his frown. "You better not ruin it again." I kissed his lips before jumping into the portal.

Less than a minute...I was back in my world.

I went back home and placed all my presents next to my desk. Only Jack's necklace, which I had around my neck, was now in my hands, as I fell into a deep slumber. "I never forget you guys...ever" I whispered lightly.

"Who is she talking about?"

"She probably found new friend while we were working, so nothing to worry about."

My parents have watched me sleep. My father came over and gave me a kiss on my head "Sweet dreams, my little pumpkin."