epilogue

btw lots of time skips ;)

ninis pov

1 year later

i let out a shaky breath as i look at the little stick.

two lines.

i was pregnant.

i start crying and laughing out of happiness.

ricky was at work today and i had felt sick. my period had also been late this month.

i take the test and put it in a box, to surprise him. i wrap the box with paper and look at the clock. ricky was going to be home really soon so i go sit on the couch and wait.

i begin to fiddle with my fingers and get nervous. i don't know why. we had talked about having kids since we graduated, but i was still nervous.

i hear the door open, "neens! i'm home!" he yells walking into the living room. i stand up and walk over to him. he wraps his arms around my waist and kisses me, which still makes butterflies swarm my stomach.

"hey baby. how was work?"

"it was good. i finished a song and we just need to edit it now."

"that's amazing. i actually have a surprise for you."

"really? what is it?"

i turn around and grab the box that was sitting on the coffee table. i hand it to him and he unwraps it, smiling, and i think a little scared, because on christmas i pranked him. i may or may not of put a rat in a box... his name is remmy!

he opens the box and pulls out the stick. after looking at it for a second he looks at me smiling, with tears in his eyes.

"this isn't a prank is it?"

i shake my head and he picks me up and spins me around. we're both laughing and crying.

"we're going to be parents!?"

"yes."

he spins me around again then kisses me.

"i can't wait baby" he says

*later that day*

we're both laying down on the couch watching a movie. ricky's hand is on my stomach and i don't think either of us have stopped smiling all evening.

ricky leans down, next to my stomach and says, "hi little baby! i'm already thinking about lyrics for a song about you. your mother and i can't wait to meet you! oh, and this is your dad. i love you!"

he kisses my stomach, then sits back up and looks at me, and ofc i'm crying. he brings his hand up and wipes my tear away.

"i love you so much baby." he says

"i love you too bubs."

9 months later

ricky and i walk into our house and he is carrying a baby car seat.

"welcome home olivia!" he says setting the seat on the island.

i unbuckle the straps and pull her out. ricky walks out to get the rest of our things and i walk around the house. "it's nice to be back home."

i spent about a week in the hospital after my water broke. i guess she just didn't want to come out yet.

i take my baby down the hall to ricky and i's room, where she will sleep for a few months.

i sit down on the bed and look at olivia. she looks exactly like me, which i didn't expect at all.

she is asleep, but she is going to have to wake up in a little bit to eat. ricky walks in and sits down next to me. "we finally have a family. only about 6 years later than we thought in high school" he laughs.