A Step

Maddie's POV

Great, we just lost to the CADC. Abby's worst nightmare. But that's not it; Gino is coming to our team, and that's so much worse. I don't like Gino, I can't be with him for longer then 5 seconds.

I walked to the dressing room to receive sad cheers from everyone. Abby came into the room furious. I noticed 3 new wrinkles. "I don't want to talk about it. Don't be surprised if this Monday I have a new competition team!" She walked out of the room. My mom hugged me and whispered "You're safe" into my ear. I forced a small smile and packed my Cover Girl make up into my pink luggage. Then I changed into blue navy jean shorts and an old ALDC T-shirt. Mackenzie, my little sister, changed into her blue pajamas. My mom, Kenzie and I walked out to the taxi and threw our bags in the trunk. Kenzie rested her head on my shoulder. She must have been tired, I just thought of the words 'new competition team' in my head. I know that everyone says I'm the favorite but I just don't feel it this time.

We arrived at the hotel and I ran to my room. The room was beautiful. It was white; everything is white, like a hotel for rich people or something. I jumped on the king size bed and fell asleep without thinking of anything else.

***

I hear Mackenzie's voice saying that I should wake up. I'm not in the mood to. I know that tomorrow will be awful.

After 5 seconds I force my eyes open, I'm still in the hotel room. I roll out of my bed and drag myself to the bathroom. I can barely open my eyes. I grab my tooth brush and put some tooth paste on it. I brush my teeth from left to right looking at myself in the mirror. I look hideous, my make up is all runny, my hair is a mess Im just horrible.

Gino's POV

I took a deep breath and looked at my team again. This is the last time I will be spending with them.

"Morning Gino" Mackenzie smiled and sat next to me in the limo. "Hey" I faked a smile. Before I could say something my dad opened the door "Gino let's go. We're leaving" He barked. "But dad, I thought we were leaving with the team" I said. "It is not our team. Let's go" he warned and left. I grabbed my bag and jumped out of the limo and into a taxi. It's stinks going here. Literally, it smells like something died in here.

I felt my phone vibrate and I reached my pocket to gett my phone. It's a text message from Mackenzie

Mackenzie- What happened? One minute your CADC the next you're gone?!

Me- I'll explain it later

Mackenzie-...

I don't know what to answer to that. So I shove my phone into my pocket again. "It's better this way" My dad said sitting next to me. I nodded but I didn't feel like it was.

As we were closer to my house, I saw the green house, the one that Sophia was standing in front of, when I left for competition. I frown and sent her a text asking if she recently moved. 5 seconds later we reached my house. I grab my bag and walk to my room. I walked to the bathroom and closed the door behind me. I took a 5 minute shower and put on black sweat pants.

"Gino Abby wants to meet us in an hour so get ready" My dad walked in to my room. "Fine" I respond. I roll my eyes and change into jeans and an American eagle gray hoodie. I slide into my black vans and head to the living room. I sit down and my phone vibrates again. A text from Sophia.

Sophia- Um, not really. Why?

I frown at her text, if she didn't, then why would she be in front of that green house. I saw her mom taking a picture of the 'for sale' sign. Maybe she didn't move and they were just looking around.

I reach for the tv remote and turn it on. A dance moms old episode was on. Maddie was so little, you could notice her blue eyes from across the room. She had two side braids and she talked so funny. I can't hold my laugh. "Let's go" My dad grabbed his keys and headed to the car, I followed him and sat on the back sit.

"You're not sitting here?" My dad looked at the empty passenger's seat and turned on the engine. I rolled my eyes and jumped out of the car and into the passenger's. I looked at him and shook my head.

Once again we passed by the house and Sophia was there. I stare at her but I can only see the left side of her face. Why is she lying? I can see her. I rolled my eyes and decided to drop it.

After 10 minutes we arrived at Olive's Garden restaurant. I walked out of the car and into the restaurant followed by my dad.

Abby was there already but she wasn't alone. I can't believe this.

"We'll hello" Abby greets us and smile from ear to ear. "Hey" I say and look at both of them. "Hey Maddie" I couldn't just not talk to her. She looks so beautiful, her long brown hair curled up hanging on her shoulders, her blue eyes, her light skin. I couldn't stop staring. "So, let's get down to business" Abby starts to talk and opens a gray notebook. "Did you quit?" Abby asked concerned."yeah" I nodded. "Good. So you will be joining our team but-" Abby was interrupted by Maddie's mom. "Are you ready mads? Let's go" Melissa said waving to Abby. Maddie nods then gets up and leaves. "So were where we? Oh yes. You will be part of the team..." Abby kept on blabbing about rules I had to follow. She even made me sign a contract that specified that I couldn't leave the team before a year or else I would have to pay Abby $100 cash. "Well I guess I'll see you tomorrow" Abby told my dad and I. We said our goodbyes then went home.

I changed into sweats and laid on my bed. Tomorrow is going to be an interesting day.

__________________________________

Because I am extremely late and this chapter is extremely short, I also have Chapter 4 waiting to be read. I'm really sorry :(