Candice Jones

Full Name: Candice Rebecca Jones

Fandom: Little Witch Academia (anime)

Appears on: A Brand New Beginning (2019)

Date of creation: ~Fall 2019 (around October or November)

Age: 15

Sexuality: Asexual

Pronouns: She/Her/Hers/Herself

Romantic status: Single

Voice sample: Christine Wood

Inspirations: Princess Entrapta (She-Ra and the Princesses of Power), Pinkie Pie (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic), Sticks the Badger (Sonic Boom), Dustin Henderson (Stranger Things).

Creation: The idea came up to me one day when I was watching She-Ra. I love Entrapta, and within Entrapta's character, I visualized Candice--a witch with outlandish ideas that everyone points at her and think she's crazy. Still, she is rather innovative and unique in her way, something that Little Witch Academia really embraces. I took some bits and pieces of Entrapta's "mad scientist" personality and fused it a little bit with Pinkie Pie from MLP: optimistic, unfiltered, think-outside-the-box mentality, which is something that is also found in the eccentric princess; and the whole thing about her being paranoid about everything came from Sticks. Oh, and Candice, just like her inspiration Entrapta, is also autistic! You might think "Well, she's an Entrapta ripoff at this point!" Well, you are wrong! Candice has her own flair, she has her own spark, and I think that's what makes her different from all my other OCs. Candice's love for aliens and alien conspiracies came to me while I was watching Race to Witch Mountain starring Dwayne Johnson--the movie takes place in Las Vegas, where Candice is from, and it is about a taxi driver and a UFOlogist helping two alien siblings return to their planet. It was after watching the movie that I gave Candice those alien accessories and the idea of her doing the Valkan salute from Star Trek. Oh, and even though I LOATHE this movie with my whole being, Candice's favorite movie is, you guessed it: E.T.: The Extraterrestrial.

Backstory: Candice was born in Las Vegas, Nevada. Aside from being known for its casinos, Las Vegas is well known for its alleged UFO sightings and Area 51 (yes, you are allowed to make Area 51 jokes, she's been there anyway). Growing up in a low-income family, Candice and her sister Janice found peace in two things: magic and conspiracy theories. No, they're not flat-earthers or anti-vaxxers, they just simply believe that the Universe hides secrets and magic will be the answer for it. When Candice's family started receiving calls claiming to be from the Men In Black for having mysterious, possibly alien objects in her possession, she is sent to Luna Nova Academy to study magic while her family moves to a small town in the Midwest.

Current story: Candice is known around Luna Nova Academy as the "alien freak" because she claims any strange object in the sky is a UFO. She's close friends with Akko, one of the very few people that listen to her outlandish theories, and she is also a close friend of Constanze, who is helping Candice build a giant antenna to "track alien signals." Candice also has a familiar: a one-eyed black cat named Cassiopeia, or Cassi for short.

I literally don't give three craps that there's already a canon Team Pink, the entirety of Little Witch Academia canon does not exist to me. <3