'Quest'

Author:
"Did they spill something?" Siddharth asked, looking at the lifeless body of Ankur lying on the floor. His anger shot up as Brian shook his head with a helpless expression. For the last hour they were beating him to extract the answers but he being adamant wasn't even opening his mouth. Howbeit, Siddharth wasn't less obstinate than him. He was not going to leave them, never! 

He marched towards them holding the bloody jaw tightly. "Who's your boss?" He was denied the answer. His hand was held out for Brian to hand him the burning iron rod. Without any warning, it was placed on his body just to hear the painful screams. Those screams were music to his ear. He doesn't have mercy for any crook, he's well known for all the brutal ways of dealing with his enemies.

Least of his torture he stepped back from Ankur who is blowing air on his burnt wounds vigorously. Siddharth fetched his gun tucked in his waistband. The gun was made out of gold, pure gold. Rohini's eyes grew wide. By now she had understood that the person who kidnapped 'em has some significance. Having a gun made out of pure gold is not everyone's cup of tea.

Talking of how she knew it was pure gold not plating, it was because a gold digger certainly knows to discern between gold and anything else. Howbeit the fool doesn't know gold isn't a good metal to manufacture a gun with. Those made out of gold or are electroplated with the same are generally meant for show.

He passed the gun to one of the soldiers asking for a plier. A chair was set for their boss before the lady. He made his way towards his seat reclining on it. "S-ir, s-ir pl-ea-se have so-me merc-y. Leav-e u-s." Ankur stuttered, interpreting now it was going to be his wife.

He reclined on the chair before Rohini with her fingers between the plier. Rohini's eyes widened as she trembled in fear. "One question, three seconds, no answer, finger will be chopped." He said callously to the frightened lady before him.

The lady shook her head vigorously trying to snatch her hand. But her action led to Siddharth pressing the plier. "Ahh.." an excruciating scream resonated in the cell. He tilted his head with a psychotic smile spread on his lips. He was rejoicing in her pain.

Her drenched finger was tucked again. Her cries had no limit seeing the merciless monster before. "Who's your boss?" He knew someone was above them, operating everything from dark. And that same person was behind Ankur's position in Mumbai. Ankur was just a pawn in the game.

She looked pathetic while begging for mercy as she wasn't supposed to say what he asked for. Just as he was about to chop a voice spoke up, "there are two." 

His head snapped towards the figure groaning in pain, Ankur. "Who are they?" Rohini shook her head denying to answer but Ankur spoke. "Raman!" Siddharth raised an eyebrow for others.

"We d-on't kno-w him," Rohini stuttered looking at her finger getting crushed because of the long silence. This answer only pissed Siddharth off. As he crumbled her finger. "I hate liars!" He stated. "It is truth."

"I said 'truth'. I want the truth," he furiously demanded. "We don't kn-ow the oth-er pe-rson. Sh-e is say-ing the truth." "Please leave us si- Ahhh!" She screamed as he chopped her fingers at one go. "May God have mercy on you! Because I won't." He egressed out for his office leaving them screaming behind. 

He stepped inside his office just to see someone sitting on the chair kept infront of his desk. Not a second and he realised the man. As soon as Siddharth came in his vision, his legs stood up on its own. Ignoring him, Siddharth made his way towards his seat reclining on it.

"Did you find her?" Jai asked, still on his feet.

1...

2...