1. Irises of Gold

Golden.

That was the first thing Sivan noticed.

But it wasn't just the colour of the irises that were enrapturing him so. It was also the soft curve of his mouth, the delicate flush of pink on his alabaster skin. The dark, ebony hair cascading with a careless elegance. The dark eyebrows etched with perfection.

Sivan could feel a strange knot forming in his belly. A rising surge of heat, lust, rushing towards his nether. He had heard stories about the Arkham prince's beauty, but never truly believed them. Exaggerated tales woven by desperate admirers.

'Earth to Sivan,' a voice spoke from beside him before breaking into a childish giggle. Sivan felt his face heating up as he chided himself. He couldn't let his sister see him ogling at the foreign Prince over a very formal banquet. Especially one that had been called on such a grim occasion. The fissure in the Obsidian crystal. 

Kolzey. Ancient Immortian for 'unity.' The very basis of their nation's might. And now, at stake.

But maybe, his fantasies were something he could pursue later during the night.

Hopefully, not alone.

He forced himself to tear his yearning gaze away from the Prince and onto the much less appetizing meal in front of him. His attention was limited, as he kept stealing glances at the Arkham beauty. Hoping that with multiple glances, maybe his awe would diminish. And yet, much like finely aged wine, the longer he would gaze at the prince, the more inhumanly beautiful he became. And perhaps it was just the intensity of his own gaze, or a mere coincidence- but something seemed to stir in the golden eyes and he glanced over at Sivan, their eyes meeting.

Sivan's heart leapt into his throat, his stomach turning weightlessly, as if he were in a devastating free fall. Prince Izer, the enigmatic beauty of their great nation, had finally taken notice of him.

Sivan held the gaze, his desire rising in a burning crescendo. He could hardly believe the deranged thoughts running through his head. Thoughts of Izer's alabaster skin wrapped in Sivan's silk bed sheets. Thoughts of the aphrodisiacal moans from his delicate lips and Sivan's mouth devoured him.

The palace, the banquet, the nobles around him turned into an insignificant haze. Izer didn't seem bothered by Sivan's lusty gaze. Instead, he seemed to enjoy it, encourage it even. Sivan watched, mesmerized as Izer reached for a goblet of wine with his slender fingers. He lifted the rim of the goblet to his erotic lips, taking a sip. And then, with his eyes still holding on to Sivan's, he licked his bottom lip. Lick was perhaps a bit of an exaggeration, for his tongue didn't caress his lip for longer than half a second. A split second where Sivan could see just the pink tip of his tongue snake out to taste the drizzle of wine. And the simple action, was enough to unhinge every bit of self control he had had so far.

Izer seemed to know very well the effects of his actions, for, just after taking a sip, he placed the goblet back on the table. His eyes seemed to light up, the corner of his lips curling slightly. Almost unnoticeable, unless you had been gazing at them like a lion leering at its prey.

'I would like to propose a toast,' a female voice rang out throughout the dining hall. Sivan, exercising every bit of restraint he had, forced himself to look at the speaker. Lady Orlanna of Corsux had lifted her ornately carved wine goblet. 'For we have mourned our losses enough in these past few wretched days. I would like to call attention to this unexpected reunion, to a new era and to whichever capable Lord or Lady take up the prestigious Obsidian.'

Mutters of agreement followed her words. Sivan was aware of himself agreeing with her as well, although, he couldn't be sure as he had once again shifted his gaze to Prince Izer. Much to his surprise, Izer nodded after Orlanna and raised his own goblet as well. His lips parted, a deep voice, and yet somehow with a rough undertone emanated.