Chapter 3 - The Cursed Name

The general alert had been triggered within the Monarch outpost, half of which had been destroyed. Members of the personnel still able to move were in charge of evacuating the many wounded as far as possible from the debris and the smoke. Unfortunately many others were unlucky, killed instantly by the violent emergence of the titan or by the pieces of buildings. Having joined the evacuation convoy outside the walls of the outpost towards the nearest heights, Ann ran, and in her arms, Jia could not hold her gaze more than worried to turn towards the fierce fight that would ensue.

Amidst the ruins, Kong and Gorosaurus faced each other. The giant gorilla roared mightily, his ax in one hand and struck his chest with the other. The giant allosaurus responded with its own roar of defiance, and the two titans charged at each other, beginning their fight.

Kong leapt into the air and delivered a vertical swing with his ax in hopes of decapitating Gorosaurus, but the latter dodged the attack with a sideways movement and retaliated with a brutal swipe of its tail that slammed against the chest of Kong who groaned in pain as he was thrown back against the cliff behind him. Gorosaurus then followed with his most devastating attack. Using its powerful tail as a support, the giant allosaurus rose up in the air and with its huge hind legs, like a kangaroo, struck Kong head-on, who once again slammed into the collapsing cliff. From her position, Jia had a beating heart, dead worried for her friend and to see him in such a bad position from the start of the fight.

Pushing the shards of rock away from him, Kong groaned and sat up, hurting from the blow he received and seeing the marks on his chest. Disarmed, he had to restrain the jaws of Gorosaurus with his bare hands, which threw itself on him and tried to bite his face. Kong fought with all his might, holding back the jaws, feeling the reptile titan's hot, dastardly breath on his face, and with a masterful punch to the chin, managed to stun and push his opponent back. Kong took the opportunity to leap onto Gorosaurus's back, delivering more blows to the head to destabilize him and hanging on as the lizard thrashed about, roaring in anger.

Gorosaurus then had the idea of throwing himself against the other half of the cliff still standing, thus getting rid of Kong who was thrown to the ground by the shock. Gorosaurus attempted his murderous kicking attack a second time, but Kong narrowly dodged it and in order to lure his enemy as far away from the humans as possible, retrieved his ax and began running towards the jungle. Blinded by his fury, Gorosaurus chased him.

_"Look Kong... he's luring Gorosaurus away from us..." panted Ann who had finally taken refuge towards heights outside the base. Beside her, Jia watched in silence, praying with all her heart that her friend would be careful and emerge victorious from this fight.

_"Clever tactic I must admit... Ah Kong... he has always been the most subtle in his strategies... But in the end, at least Gorosaurus provides the perfect diversion."

This male voice, cold and sinister made the two girls jump in surprise and fear. They turned to see a very strange young man emerging from the tropical vegetation behind them and taking a few steps forward. He was tall and thin, had a pale, almost morbid complexion, worrying eyes and smile, short black hair and was dressed all in black, like some sort of gothic wizard.

His gaze, which looked first towards the two titans, then plunged straight into Jia. Immediately, the girl felt very uncomfortable, the aura of this stranger showing an overwhelming and terrifying malevolence, to the point of giving her a headache.

Seeing Jia wince in pain while holding her head a little as if she had a migraine, Ann became worried.

_"Jia? What's going on?!"

_*We have to run now!* signed Jia who was beginning to panic.

Ann was confused but looking away, taking her adopted daughter in her arms for protect her and took several steps back.