(RW) Prologue

"Please universe, just let this work once."

This will be the fourteenth try at making a pain medication. It's probably illegal, but I know what I'm doing when it comes to medicine.

The machine stopped whirring, though the sound continued to buzz in my head, and exclaimed a high pitched ding. I took the small medicine bottle out of the machine which had been filled with cyan colored pills, and wrote in bold, navy blue, "#14". I set it on the desk next to me, turning back to the machine.

Taking a swab,  I dipped it into the powder that started out, carefully coating every side of it. I then dipped it into a purple decontamination liquid next to the miniature medicine manufacturer. After letting the two substances combine and having the excess liquid slide off like molasses, I held my left hand beneath the swab and carefully walked to an oak-wood door. Swiftly, I grasped the brass doorknob and swung it open, revealing a long, cement staircase that was lit by white, black speckled, glowing crystals. They had already been here when construction started on this basement of mine.

As I walked down the stairs, the mixture dropped into my hand with seemingly every step. A small shiver ran up my spine as my bare feet were laid onto the cold, gray concrete. My nostrils once again filled with a musty, wooden smell, with a hint of warm metal. Quickly looking back up the staircase, I checked for any shadows that showed someone standing at the top. There was no one. Turning my head away once again, I let myself relax once I noticed the brilliant cyan energy that radiated from the machine. As I walked past it and towards a screen on the other side of the room, a computer voice greeted me,

"Hello, Dr. Memegod, Livimore."

I looked at the screen in the wall, which held my virtual assistant, Olivia. I might as well been a little green plankton who lived in a bucket at the bottom of the sea. On each side of me were inventions that no one but Laff and Dino should know of. Shaking the dust off of my feet, I unnervingly reminded the intelligence for the fourteenth time today,

"Remember, just call me Meme."

"Understood. I observe that you would like the affects on the human body for that medication once again, Dr. Livimore?"

I rolled my eyes, but desperate to keep the swab from dripping on my hand anymore, I sighed,

"Yes."

Below the right side of the screen, a selected square of the floor seemlessly sneaked back into the wall, letting a tester shoot up from beneath the panel and take its place. I approached the stand, and looked at the screen for the go-ahead.

"You may proceed, Dr. Livimore."

"I still don't know why you call me a doctor-"

"You claimed it was to hide the fact that you don't have a degree,"

The A.I. paused, but then continued,

"and to boost your ego, which you don't need more of."

I sighed, getting annoyed with Olivia. I inserted the swab into a hole in the machine, which it then dragged into itself to analyze. About a minute went by until the screen spoke again.

"Analysis concluded. Would you like to know the results?"

"Why wouldn't I?"

"Ibuprofen, test fourteen. Active ingredients include: Ibuprofen and Unidentified Substance."

"Continue,"

"Side affects include: Abnormal renal function, anemia, dizziness, elevated liver enzymes, fluid retention, gastrointestinal experiences including but not limited to abdominal pain, epigastric pain, heartburn, nausea and vomiting, headaches, increased bleeding time, indigestion, nervousness, rashes, scratchy skin, and tinnitus."