9

"You're so damn lucky, Jimin." Mihi huffs, as she fumbles down the steps of the school, coming away from the scene of unequivocal determination. The day is hot, and it runs down chins and creates spirals in the dimples of your temples. Jimin tastes the salt on his tongue, as he runs it along his sweaty upper lip. His mother is in a messy mood, her tongue clicking every few seconds, as she kisses her teeth and pulls at the collar of her shirt. "God, the last thing you need is trouble. Your school work has been disturbed enough."

Jimin just nods, as he slowly follows her out of the school, turning slowly when he hears the click of the door and seeing Kiha walking out with his father. Jimin tries his best to give a smile, and Kiha gives a small one back — clearly having not taken the kick too personally. It would be surprising if it weren't so well known how enamoured the boy was with the elder. His shoulders are broad like his fathers, their chins are held high in the same stalwart manner, looking down at the world along the slope of their firm noses, seeing things from a vantage point of ill precaution. They slink away in silence, into their sleek, stream-lined vehicle that looks as if it cost a higher number than Jimin can count to.

Mihi clicks her tongue as she watches them march off and she fiddles with the cuffs of her blouse next, red-painted nails clawing at the small buttons. "I mean, what on earth were you thinking? You've never been a trouble maker before, Jimin, why start now? With your exams coming up so soon?"

Jimin stuffs his hands into his pocket and sighs.

But, his mother isn't having it. She turns to face him fully and her face is loose of its usual cloudy comforts; usually she's all creamy with the clear notion of understanding, but now, she's rose quartz, with a lucid sort of apprehension at her expression. "What? You gone all mute on me too?" She raises a brow, and carries on walking, fiddling vigorously with her clothes, trying to separate them from her skin enough to breathe properly.

Jimin looks toward the sun, and he feels how lean the delights of it make him. It's as if his innermost layers are dancing in the wild heat, when, in reality, he supposes it's due to some form of dehydration, making his organs churn as they do.

"Park Jimin, you better start talking or else." She threatens, and Jimin doesn't exactly feel like questioning what the else would pertain to — his mother could be a terrifying woman when she saw it fit, and could concoct all manner of strict punishments when she so wished it.

"I don't know what you want me to say." He mumbles, and he's not quite sure he knows why he feels so glum, but the heat is greatly contrasted by the ice cold feeling of snowball eyes being smashed against his back. He's sick of this feeling, this feeling of something looming over him, something frost bitten and blue, lurching over his every movement, seemingly trying to take jurisdiction over his brain. He despises it and it melts him into sludge.

Mihi raises her brows. "An explanation would be very nice." She seems finally satisfied with her outfit, as the heat rolls down her body and across the scalp of her pulled back hair. She carries on, saying, "I mean, I've heard that Kiha kid is a little git, but you've never been one to start fights. Where is all this coming from?"

Jimin just shrugs.

She seems a little impatient, almost jittery with it, and, as they walk, that seems to mutate into something wholeheartedly weary. "Maybe I've underestimated how much everything that's happened has effected you?"

Jimin's heart sinks. It beats faster in his chest as something like irritation fuels him. He will not allow himself to be pitied, even by his mother. "I'm fine." He says, through gritted teeth.

But, his mother doesn't fall for it. "You're clearly not, Jimin." She sighs to herself and they walk a little slower, the atmosphere becoming a little tighter, like cellophane is wrapping around every inch of their skin. "God, you know I've never been good with this stuff, but I can tell when my baby is in pain. No matter how hard you try and pretend like you're not upset by it, Jimin, you are."