Blotted Pen

The morning light hit Latte's face gently, the soft blanket cuddled his body with immense comfort

The morning light hit Latte's face gently, the soft blanket cuddled his body with immense comfort. The familiar sight of the school infirmary greeted him. As well as Alaric's face.

He was simply drinking some tea, probably the same sweet tea he gave Latte all those nights ago. Latte's hands turned to fists when Alaric turned to look at him. A soft look on his face as he placed the teacup down.

"Good job Latte, you did it." His voice was so...so comforting. He hated it. Why was Alaric messing with him like this?

Latte didn't reply and Alaric stood up to leave the room.

"Tell River that I'm leaving the plant research club." He blurted out.

"Of course."

He could hear the door shut and his throat tightened. Latte wanted to go home.

The door burst opened and the sight of Rook and Vil's happy faces comforted him, even if it's just a little bit. They were smiling brightly and were practically screaming in joy, especially Vil. Though they did admit that they didn't like the fact that he used a dirty trick at the end. But at least they're glad he won, right?

Vil even started to list down ideas for the perfect way to celebrate and he really insisted that it had to be 100% perfect. Nothing less, nothing more.

Soon, Ruggie and Jamil joined them. Ruggie almost pushed Jamil to the ground when he rushed to Latte's bed.

"YOU DID IT!" Ruggie screamed, shaking his shoulders.

"I did it!"

Ruggie sat at the edge of his bed, demanding how Latte did it.

Everything was so...warm and so bright. For once, he had some of that attention that he couldn't receive back at home. He allowed himself to be a little bit selfish, even if it meant losing a bit of morality. So what if he used a dirty trick to win? He won.

They all talked for a while until they had to return back to their classes. Latte leaned against the bed frame and shut his eyes. His parents...his parents wouldn't have even bothered to celebrate his victory.

They both love him and he knows that but they'd rather spend their money on making sure that James, his little brother James, got the things he needed. Maybe Latte was acting ungrateful and he's sure that he was.

But he just wished that they noticed him for things other than him being a helper, a babysitter or even an extra parent.

The door to the infirmary swung once again and a tall man with a weird mask strutted in. He looked very extravagant to say the least with his feathery greatcoat and top hat. His glowing eyes pierced through Latte's skull.

"My! Back in the infirmary?"

'Man who the hell is this guy?' Latte thought.

"Hm...may I please see your magic pen?"