i, one

THE BEGINNING OF THE END

She had been summoned to her father's chambers on the last evening she'd spend in Blackhaven, ever again.

Her fingers had laced around the knob of the door, the cold sending a shiver through her to match with the nervousness that had settled in her stomach. Warmth escaped past her and into the chilly halls of the castle, as she made way into the room.

But instead of meeting the figure of her father ahead, she was met with an empty room.

Dyanne had frowned as she pressed the door back into its frame. She had noticed the table in stood in the midst of her father's chambers, had parchment scattered across them like a whirlwind had taken reign of it as she made her way closer.

Surely if he had requested her presence it was important, would it not?

"Father?"

But only silence echoed back to respond to the young girl.

Her fingers danced around the rough paper beneath her touch, as she walked around the table in hopes to catch a glance of some words that might peak her interest and she could get away with without being caught.

And though most the matters did not speak of much that peaked her interest, as her eyes passed some criminal matters requiring a final decision and some financial records. One particular piece of paper engraved with her half-brother's named had.

The sudden sound of voices approaching had startled her from the trace she had been, fingers quickly gripping onto the parchment, messily folding it before slipping it in the skin tight sleeve of her dress.

The raven haired girl had barely managed to distance herself from the table and towards the nearest window, forcing herself to look occupied staring at the sun setting past the edge of the horizon, as the door burst open wide to reveal her father's presence.

"Father." Her delicate and serene voice had greeted the elderly man, even if he had held a grand amount of hatred for what the girl had done by born, "What is it you send men to request my presence at this hour?"

"Lord has purposed an arrangement."

Silence had fallen across the room as a frown set upon her taintless features in confusion and horror, words slowly leaving her mouth as if she dared not speak them, "An arrangement?"