Chapter 66

When they arrived, Li Zheng and Lin Rong had just left, and they were all stunned when they saw the carriage approaching.

"I just heard that you are back, and I was thinking of finding you."

Lu Ciyu jumped out of the carriage first, and then turned around and pulled Lin Chi down: "How can I trouble you, it is our junior who should come to visit."

The father and son on the opposite side both pouted: "Why did you become so polite when you came back from a trip?

" It's cold outside, come in and talk. "

Aunt Hui had just sent the two out, but she didn't expect to turn around and they came back. She was about to ask questions when she saw Lu Ciyufu behind: "Ah, why are you here!" "

She hadn't seen Lin Chi for half a month, and had been chatting with Li Zheng for several days at home. If Li Zheng didn't see that it was too late to let her follow her, she would have gone with her.

Aunt Hui narrowed her eyes, the corners of her eyes. A few faint smile lines appeared. She held Lin Chi's hand and let him

sit on the kang, and deliberately made the warmest spot on the kang for him. eat to go. Lin Chi hurriedly wanted to stop him, but Li Zheng said, "

Brother Chi, leave it alone, you will be uncomfortable if you don't let her mess with her." "

Lu Ciyu also clapped his hand, and Lin Chi could only nod.

He actually wanted to accompany Mr. Lu, but it would be a little bad to keep people busy. His relationship with Aunt Hui was so close, I thought about it. Thinking of going to the ground to help Aunt Hui with the work,

Young Master Lu watched his back disappear from sight, and then said: "I originally wanted to rest at night and come back tomorrow morning, but when I returned to the house, I heard something, Ci Yu didn't know what to do, so she just came over. "

Li Zheng sighed: "Is it about entering the mansion to steal."

Lu Ciyu nodded, and by the way repeated what Xun Yuan said.

"Well, it's the same as what I know."

Li Zheng knew his intention and continued: "At first, those of your family planned to detain people and wait for you to come back, but the people from these two families came to the door to make trouble, and even I've been making trouble for a few days and I'm still uneasy. There's no one in the Lu Mansion who can take care of things. When they found me, I took advantage of the situation to bring people out."

"There are witnesses and dirt, so I will call the shots and ask for one. Baiwen's fine, and they will be fined to guard the ancestral hall for a month."

The girl in the house is a smart and clever girl, and she became acquainted with many people in the village under Lu Ciyu's advice after coming to Lu's house. She and the villagers can't talk too much, but at least when they meet each other, calling each other and saying hello is enough, and she will rest for a while by the river or under the old banyan tree in the village when she has nothing to do.

It is really appropriate to inquire about gossip.

Not only the two of them, but a group of brothers in their family are not worry-free people.

Many people in the village did not like them, but there were many brothers in the family, and seven or eight men went there viciously, and many people persuaded them first.

The things they stole were found on the spot. To put it bluntly, Lu Ciyu didn't actually suffer any losses.

This kind of scoundrel is like this, aren't you okay? Why bother us?

Lu Ciyu is helpless in this kind of place, and it's really impossible to stand out. If other villagers were victimized, they swallowed it, and they would not take the initiative to provoke those who could not really offend them.

This incident was also like this at the beginning. The clan meant that it was over. If Lizheng hadn't suggested that Lu Ciyu might be the first scholar in the village, they would have really planned to suppress this matter.

After all, Lu Ciyu was out of town, and when he and Lin Chi came back, he didn't know when it would be, and it would be Lu Ciyu's fault to find fault after everything had passed.

The countryside is also a place that pays attention to human relations. If he ignores his feelings and reports to the officials or pursues the investigation to the end, I am afraid that the whole village will have a gap with him.

To get such an ending is already the result of Li Zheng's hard work in the middle.

Lu Ciyu understood in her heart, got up and thanked her. Li Zheng also knew that his actions were unfair to Lu Ciyu, so he could only pat him on the shoulder: "I've wronged you."

"Speaking of which, why is Li Yan outside my house?"

Li Zheng got up and took Aunt Hui's food What came, motioned to Lu Ciyu to taste it.

That is Aunt Hui's most proud food. The meat filling is marinated with an exclusive secret sauce, served with sliced ​​local wild vegetables, mixed with flour, pressed very thinly, then sliced ​​and fried. Snacks or main dishes are fine.

But because the ingredients are all rare items, Lizheng's family can't eat it several times a year, so it was specially reserved for them in time for the Chinese New Year.

Lu Ciyu took Lin Chi to the table, and Li Zheng continued.

"You should also know that Li Yan is also in their circle, and they had the idea to go to the Lu Mansion to steal it before. He happened to hear about the plan this time, and when he saw their figures at night, they came along secretly. "

I've watched this kid grow up. He has no ability but absolutely no bad intentions. He absolutely can't do things like steal."

Lu Ciyu nodded.

The questions were almost finished. Lu Ciyu also finished eating, and after clearing the table, he went out and brought a large cloth bag in: "It was all chosen by Lin Chi on purpose for you."

Aunt Hui was taken aback: "Silly Children, there is no shortage of things in the house, what are you doing with the money!"

Lin Chi was a little embarrassed: "It's nothing...". Obviously he and Mr. Lu bought it together, so why did Mr. Lu say he was alone...

"It's all part of his heart." Lu Ciyu unwrapped the package: "These pieces of cloth are for my aunt, Lin I fell in love with it at a glance, saying that this color matches Aunt Hui."

"And these rolls of tobacco leaf tea, I remember Uncle Lizheng said that this variety is not sold in the town, and I happened to see it in the store and ordered it by the way. It's over."

Both of them were a little embarrassed, and Lu Ciyu pulled out a big cloth bag again: "These are for the two children, Brother Rong, don't say no."

Lin Rong opened his eyes and looked at them. Little clothes and shoes for some children. There are too few things in the town, and it's not like Lu Ciyu has a carriage that can enter the town at any time.

The children's clothes in the village are all changed by adults. Lu Ciyu has no children at home. He really can't refuse, he can only thank him for taking it, but when he closes the package, he feels that he owes the other party a lot again.

Lu Ciyu likes his character of repaying kindness.

Seeing that it was getting late, Lu Ciyu got up and said goodbye. The Lizheng family didn't leave him much, and sent people to the door together. They entered the house after seeing the two of them boarded the carriage with two hundred pennies for compensation and gradually disappeared without a shadow.

When Mr. Lu was in the county, he specifically told Xunquan to enlarge the board on which the driver was located, and Lin Chi got out of the carriage after a while: "Just go straight along here, the biggest yard inside is The shrine."

The real room where the ancestral spiritual seat is placed will not be easily accessible to people. This kind of place will only be truly opened when there is a major event.

Those who make mistakes are nominally guarding the ancestral hall or enter the ancestral hall to repent, but in fact they go to a room not far from the ancestral hall. Ancestors... it's really outrageous.

Lu Ciyu has been in this world for so long and doesn't know what the ancestral hall is like here, even if he and Lin Chi became married, he never went in, except if he was a brother and married Lin Chi.

He understands what Lizheng means, and this matter is over, but he is inevitably a little weird in his heart.

He has been curious about these two rogues in the village for a long time. He has been curious since he first arrived in Yangning Village and sold the wild animals in the rented yard. It's just that one thing after another happened, and he has been Did not pour out time.

While thinking about it, Lu Ciyu successfully found the place following Lin Chi's instructions.

The ancestral hall is the place that can best demonstrate the heritage of a clan. It is not clearly visible in the dark night, but even so, you can see the materials and decorations of this row of houses.

They have all caught up with Lufu.

The yard should be old, Lu Ciyu knocked on the outer door a few times.

"Who is it?" Someone answered after a while.

Lin Chi respectfully called the third uncle.

The old man narrowed his eyes: "Oh... Brother Chi, is this your husband?"

Lin Chi nodded and said yes.

"What are you doing here so late? This is not where you should be."

Lu Ciyu had a good talk with him and wanted to go in and ask something, but the old man's personality was very serious, and Lu Gongzi's gentle and polite god-like dreamy smile was useless to him.

This was the first time he had met someone who didn't eat other people's designs when he crossed over. Lu Ciyu immediately changed his stubborn temper.

"Third uncle, the two men inside stole things from our house. When we sorted out, we found that there were very important things missing. We must ask them."

"But the ancestral hall is not a place for you to enter." The old man continued to repeat. .

Lu Ciyu and he rubbed their lips for a long time and could not get any other response.

Taking advantage of the darkness of the night, Lin Chi stretched a hand to his waist, and the hand, which was not thick due to the proportions of his body, deftly crossed the clothes he was wearing and reached Lu Ciyu's waist. He bent his fingers and gently wrote four words through a layer of underwear: "Grandson, outside".

He didn't want to write that either.

It's just that it was cold winter, and Young Master Lu was so afraid of the cold that he deliberately wrapped himself into a ball inside and out. Although it didn't look thick, he couldn't feel what was written through the clothes at all, so he could only look like this.

Fortunately, the sky was already dark, and the old man's eyes were not very good, otherwise he would see Young Master Lu's body twitching unconsciously for a moment.

Lin Chi's hand has not been retracted into the glove since he got off the carriage. The temperature is naturally incomparable to his body temperature. That cool hand poked into his clothes to write... Young Master Lu felt numb and itchy in an instant. A thrill.

Even though the villain in his heart rolled around for several times, Young Master Lu still had that expressionless expression on his face: "This is also a major matter related to the Lin family, and the painting I lost was from the city. Xue Gongzi asked for it by name. Xue Gongzi is notorious for being arrogant and domineering. If it came to the delivery date, he did not get the painting... If he knew that it was related to the Lin clan, he would not go to the village to make trouble, but he would definitely Leaving a bad impression of the Lin clan, maybe it will take the clansmen outside to vent their anger." The

old man's eyelids moved.

Lin Chi wrote on his waist again: "Silver."

Lu Ciyu continued: "I have signed a contract with him long ago, and the time for delivery is written in black and white. "

The liquidated damages are the fines to be paid by the party who violated the contract. Ours is three hundred taels."

"My painting has been completed a long time ago, and now the product is caused by an accident caused by third-party liability. According to the law, I should compensate for a small part of the loss, and the two thieves should pay for the rest."

Lu, now compiling the law, Ci Yu said seriously.

The old man gritted his teeth - it was harder for those two families to take money than to kill them! Still three hundred taels!

"When the time comes, I can't pay for the painting and I can't pay. If Young Master Xue comes to you...".

"He doesn't have to do anything, just dismiss a few chief workers of the Lin clan...".

The old man clenched his fist: "Hurry in, hurry out."