I

Fatima groaned waking up to the sound of gunshots on the TV

Fatima groaned waking up to the sound of gunshots on the TV. Her head was spinning and her body was extremely cold. "Unt un folks, move yo lil hand fo' you get us murked out hea'," Von said to Nassim and she jumped up.

For one, she completely forgot he was here and two, she overslept knowing Nassim was over.

"Lay yo ass down, he straight. His ass tryna make us lose and shit" Von said turning around to look at her.

"What is the AC on? I'm freezing!" She said groggily.

Seeing her barely being able to sit up, he stood up sitting Nassim in his walker. Nassim quickly rolled away, his walker making lots of noise on the tile.

Von made his way to Fatima's side putting his hand on her back for support. She looked up at him with a weak smile. Her body shivered as she pulled the covers up on her body. "It's so cold" she whispered leaning her head on him.

"I know Ma. You ready to get up?"

She nodded her head, yes, allowing him to pull her up off the bed. "I got it, Von, thank you," she said gently removing his arm from around her.

She made her way into the bathroom to freshen up. "What time is it?" She asked as she grabbed her toothbrush and toothpaste. "It's 10 am," Von said watching her through the mirror.

She nodded putting toothpaste on her brush before wetting it. She brushed her teeth, rinsed, and then washed her face.

Once she was done, she dried her face with a towel and looked up at Von in the mirror. "Hey, what time did we end up falling asleep last night?" She asked noticing the slight tiredness on his face.

"Round four sum" he responded.

"Damn. I really had you up all night, huh?" Fatima chuckled, shaking her head apologetically. "It's aight. Ion mind it" he smiled back, showing his glistening teeth.

"Why are you up if you're tired though?" She asked watching him shrug. "I always wake up early. I can't help it".

Fatima nodded, turning to face him. She walked into his arms, engulfing him in a passion-filled hug. Von wrapped his arms tightly around her body pressing his cheek against her forehead.

"You feeling aight?" He asked feeling the warmth of her forehead, remembering how she said she was cold. "I'm feeling better than I've been lately." She responded honestly, taking in his expensive scent.

He lifted her head from his chest, looking into her brown, doe eyes. His eyes trailed from her eyes to her lips, wasting no time pressing his lips against hers.

He pecked her lips repeatedly a couple of times before trailing kisses down her jawline and to her neck. She bit her lip feeling her cheeks and the tips of her ears get extremely hot. "Dayvon" she damn near whispered trying to fight the smile that wanted to stretch across her face.

"You looking like yourself again and shit. Missed yo pretty face ass" he said making her smile hard. "Mane, Dayvon go away" she laughed pushing his chest back. He stepped back watching as she walked out of the bathroom, and followed behind her.

They walked out of her room and went into the living room where Nassim was watching Jake and the Neverland Pirates. "Hey, my baby" she cooed in a baby voice.

Nassim jumped up and down in his walker, smiling as she bent down to pick him up. He immediately gripped her shirt in fists putting his mouth on her cheek. "Awn baba. Thanks for the kisses" she said making a 'yikes face' as she wiped her slob off her cheek.

Looking at the couch, she noticed new clothes and little shoes for him. She shook her head, fighting the smile about to sneak onto her face.

"Von, you went and bought this stuff this morning?" She asked picking up a small Dior onesie. "Nah I bought allat yesterday" he responded, picking up some of the stuff to show her.

"Before you came? How you knew he was here?" She asked confused. "Yo story. Lil folks fuck with my music I see." He laughed and she nodded.

"Not really, he just likes to dance," Fatima said with a straight face making Von's smile drop for a second. "Man, you just a hater" he chuckled mushing her head.

"I'm just stating the facts, ain dat right Simmy?" she said looking at the baby who was chewing on his finger.

"He don't know what yo baldhead ass saying, he just making noise cause he heard his name," Von said holding his arms out and making Nassim lean towards him. Fatima sucked her teeth handing him to Von.

"Remember that," she said playfully mugging the two...
━━━━

It was later on in the day and Nassim was sleeping on top of Von's head. Fatima didn't know why or how he got like that but didn't bother to move him. Von didn't seem to mind anyway.

She was the only one awake because she couldn't sleep for the life of her. Her body was exhausted but her mind was wandering. She was having a terrible cold sweat that made her body shake as she laid on her side.

"I- I miss m-my m-m-mom" she whimpered as tears filled her eyes. Withdrawals were the worst thing in the world for her right now and it made her tempted, but she knew she was better than that.

She was stronger than that. Von and Nassim shifted in their sleep causing Fatima to hold her breath. Von moved Nassim's face off his face, only for Nassim to put it right back and relax his body. Von huffed not bothering to move anymore and drifted back to sleep.

She let out a breath watching the two sleep peacefully. It was only 6 pm but felt like it was later.

Hearing her phone ring, she jumped up feeling around to stop the ring. She really hoped Nassim didn't wake up, knowing how cranky he got when it came it interrupted sleep.

She found her phone and quickly answered. "Hello?"

"Fatima, what the fuck?!" She heard her sister Nahtims exclaim over the phone making her heart drop.

"It's been four months Fatima. Four months! And our mother is still sitting in a fucking freezer because you're 'not ready', this isn't fair Fatima. Then on top of that, you didn't tell me that you've been getting Nassim. You're not the only one who misses him and thinks of him all day every day.

I can't keep doing this with you Fatima. I'm burying my mother within two weeks whether you like it or not. Since you don't want to help, don't come to the funeral──"

"Nahtims, I apologize for my selfishness. I'm ready to bury mom also. Can we meet soon to talk over the expenses and plans for it?" Fatima responded calmly, ignoring her sister's yelling.

The line went silent and soft sniffles and shuffling were heard. "O-Okay. Yes. That's fine." Nahtims said softly, wiping the tears that fell down her cheeks.

"Okay. I'll call you tomorrow..."

▬▬▬▬▬▬
Cute little filler!
*not edited*