Wolfsbane

And Noctis with Arena at his side went with the Lion to the eastern edge of the hilltop. There a beautiful sight met their eyes. The sun was setting behind their backs. That meant that the whole country below them lay in the evening light — forest and hills and valleys and, winding away like a silver snake, the lower part of the great river. And beyond all this, miles away, was the sea, and beyond the sea the sky, full of clouds which were just turning rose color with the reflection of the sunset. But just where the land of Narnia met the sea — in fact, at the mouth of the great river — there was something on a little hill, shining. It was shining because it was a castle and of course the sunlight was reflected from all the windows which looked towards Noctis and the sunset; but to Noctis it was sight seen time and time again in his dreams. And always resembling a great star resting on the seashore.

"That is Cair Paravel of the four thrones," said Aslan. "One of which you must sit as High King. Just like the other seats you will sit on."

And once more Noctis said nothing but Aslan waited patiently for him to say something. Arena saw this.

"You doubt the prophecies?" he asked.

Noctis shakes his head and looks away.

"You doubt yourself." Aslan spoke up.

"Aslan... Arena..." Noctis spoke and turned to them, deep sorrow present in his emerald and gold eyes. "I'm not who you think I am."

Silence between the three.

"Noctis Lucis Caelum. Son of Regis Lucis Caelum and Kasumi Hayabusa." Aslan looks to Noctis, his huge eyes taking in the sight True King. "Beaver also said you wanted to turn him into a new coat."

Noctis lightly laughs at that and smiles lightly and Arena takes note of it. "Impressive," he said. "Not a lot of people can get this one to laugh."

Aslan nods to the crystalline dragon. "And I know of your dreams and your visions," the Lion said and Noctis turned to him, his small smile dissipating immediately. "There is a Deep Magic that rules over the universe. It defines right from wrong and helps us fulfill destinies, both yours and mine."

Noctis lowers his head. "I don't think I will be able to." he said, a tinge of sadness present in his tone. "I'm no king. And I'm certainly not a hero."

"You were able to get me and others here safely."Arena said.

"Not all of them."

"Noctis," Aslan said firmly in a way that a father would speak to their son, looking squarely at the young man before him. "I will do what I can to help save your friend. But I need you to consider what I ask of you. And what your friends and your people might ask of you." Aslan looks over to his camp, teeming with creatures. Noctis and Arena looks towards it as well. "I, too, want my family safe."

Back at the camp, after Noctis and Arena left with Aslan, the party had splintered off with their own objectives. Citan, Bart, Eugene, and Lan, chose to meet with some tacticians in Aslan's camp but were turned away by many. To them, the segregation of man and beasts seems to be more strained than on Eos or Athia. Though better than Arrakis. With nowhere else to go, the quartet chose to plan alone. As thee planning went on, Bart couldn't help but catch a glance at Eugene silent yet solemn expression, his eyes cast down at the down, his arms crossed as he leaned against a tree, ears folded back, and his tail barely moving a centimeter.

"We'll get 'em back." Bart said, prompting Cutan and Alan to look at him before turning their attention to the black panther beastman, who let out a heavy breath through his nose.

"I couldn't protect him," Eugene spoke in a serious tone. "He once called me father, and yet-"

Eugene was cut off by a strange noise woke the silence suddenly. It was like a bugle, but richer.