Chapter 3

Arturo's POV

I heard Avery hiss in pain as he bent down to pick up the glass pieces. I crouch down beside him and saw that his finger was cut.

"Are you okay?" I asked.

"Y-yeah. It's just a small cut." He said before looking down and seeing that his finger was bleeding.

That is when he suddenly fainted. I quickly caught him in my arms, preventing him from falling to the floor. I'm guessing he's scared of blood. I stood up with him in my arms and went inside the house. I gently placed him on the couch, making sure that he won't fall off before going back outside to fetch my first aid kit.

I went back inside with the kit and tended his wound. There was no visible glass shard on the wound so I'm guessing it won't need anything major since the cut was not that deep either. I wrapped a band-aid around his finger before placing his hand on his chest. I look up to see his face was quite pale. I sat on the edge of the couch as I observe his face. He looked so sweet and innocent. I brought my hand up to his face, caressing his cheek with my thumb.

His skin felt really soft under my finger. He looked like a sweet innocent angel. A face I rarely come across. His eyelids slowly start to open so I pulled my hand away and stood up from the couch. Avery woke up and I helped him sit up on the couch.

"Did I faint?" He asked as his eyes adjust to the light.

"Yeah. Were you scared of blood?" I ask.

"Yeah. Sorry about that." He apologized.

"No worries. I'll help you clean up the glass." I told him and he nodded in response.

I went back outside and cleaned up the glass that shattered on the floor. I felt someone looking at me so I look up to see Avery watching me from the window. His face turned red as soon as our eyes met and he quickly averted his gaze. I chuckle at his actions as I stand up and throw the glass into the garbage. I go over to my work bag and picked up an extra shirt before putting it on. As I was cleaning up my tools I hear Avery come up behind me.

"Thanks for this, by the way." He said as he holds up his wounded finger.

"You're welcome," I said as I sling my bag over my shoulder. "I should get going for now. I'll message you when we can start looking for plants to add to your garden. For now, try to keep what's left alive." I teased.

Avery rolled his eyes and shook his head. "Yep, I'll try my best to keep them alive. I'll see you then."

"Yeah, I'll see you," I said before waving goodbye and going back to my truck.

I start the car and left the driveway. I was looking forward to seeing him again. Something about him draws me. His face hasn't left my mind since we first met. I just want to hold him in my arms and never let him go.

I soon reached my home, and I parked my truck alongside the cars parked in front. One of my men greeted me as soon as I got out of the car.

"For the love of god, please park your ugly ass truck somewhere else. It stands the fuck out in between these wonderful, high-class, sleek sports cars." Leo complained as I walk with him inside the mansion.

"No. I like ruining your day." I said before patting his back.

Leo rolls his eyes before parting ways with me. Tiago then approaches me with a folder in his hand and instantly grimaced at the sight of me.

"You know what. Take a shower first. You look and smell... not nice." He said.

I rolled my eyes and slung my arm around his shoulders and he desperately tried to get away from me.

"Just say what you have to say right now. And I smell good, btw. My sweat smells good." I told him as I pull him closer to me.

"Ugh, fine. Oscar the Grouch." He said before handing me the folder. "These are the shipment coming in for tomorrow. We're expecting twenty million worth of cocaine. No more no less."

I unwrapped my arm around his shoulder as I open the folder to review the details of the shipment. "It's from Sero? Well, we don't need to worry too much then."

"Nah, now is not a good time. He's having wifey troubles so we can't be lenient." He replied.

I let out a sigh and handed him back the folder. "Fine, I'll oversee it."

"So..." He dragged out.

"So what?" I ask.

"You look chipper today. You saw him again?" He teased and I rolled my eyes.

"Yes, I saw him." I tried to keep my face straight, but a smile crept onto my face.

"Careful about that Arturo. He's just a kid." He said, his tone suddenly serious.

I sighed, knowing that he was right. I can't drag him into this life. For fuck's sake the kid could barely keep the plants alive and he faints at the sight of blood. I just need not be too involved in his life. I need to keep my distance.

"I know that. I just couldn't get him out of my head." I said, shaking my head.

"Just make sure he's not going to get involved in all of this. He seems like a good kid. I stalked him yesterday." He says somewhat proudly, making my head snap towards him.

"Why the fuck would you stalk the kid?" I asked.

"What? You seem so sulky these past few weeks you haven't seen him so I got curious. He's cute, by the way. Might snag him if you won't." He teased.

"Haha so funny. Go back to work before I hit your head."

"Yes, boss." He said with a mock salute.

I roll my eyes and made my way upstairs to my room when I received a text from Avery.

Hey. I'm sorry to inform you so late. I'm only available for tomorrow. I'll be too busy with work for the next few weeks since my workmate went on vacation leave. I'm afraid if I wait too long before replanting, the garden will be back the way it was before.

I let out a sigh after reading the text. I guess the shipment overseeing can be passed to someone else. I'd rather see Avery.