INTRODUCTION

"...Unsurprisingly, the Sea Snake was bitterly disappointed when Prince Aemon died and King Jaehaerys bypassed Aemon’s daughter, Rhaenys, in favor of his brother, Baelon the Spring Prince. But now, it seemed, the wheel had turned again, and the wrong could be righted.

Thus did Lord Corlys and his wife, the Princess Rhaenys, arrive at Harrenhal in high state, using the wealth and influence of House Velaryon to persuade the lords assembled that their son, Laenor, should be recognized as heir to the Iron Throne.

IN THE EYES OF MANY, THE GREAT COUNCIL OF 101 AC THEREBY ESTABLISHED AN IRON PRECEDENT ON MATTERS OF SUCCESSION: REGARDLESS OF SENIORITY, THE IRON THRONE OF WESTEROS COULD NOT PASS TO A WOMAN, NOR THROUGH A WOMAN TO HER MALE DESCENDANTS."

From 'Fire and blood' by GRRM.

IMPORTANT FACTS ABOUT VISENYA TARGARYEN:

     JOCELYN BARATHEON and her half-nephew Aemon Targaryen were bethroded in 68 AC. They married two years later.

Although the couple were in love and their union was a happy one, it wasn't very fertile.

In 74 AC, they had their first child, Princess Rhaenys Targrayen, who was her father, the prince of Dragonstone, only heiress for many years.

It wasn't until six years later that lady Jocelyn quickened with child. Though many hoped the child is a boy this time, Prince Aemon was forever happy with his girls.

In late 80 AC, a daughter was born to the couple again, they decided to name her Visenya, after the conqueror queen. King Jaehaerys wasn't that happy, his half-sister hadn't given his heir a son, and she named her second daughter after the mother of Maegor. Nonetheless he loved her all the same.

Visenya was Targaryen to the bone, strong, beautiful and willful. She was gracious, yet stern. She also was known to hold grudges and be slow to forgive her cousins and friends during her early childhood.

During the first four years of her life, Princess Visenya particularly loved her aunt Alyssa, who died in 84 AC a few months after the difficult birth of her third son Aegon.

Although, she was a year older than Daemon and three years younger than Viserys, she mothered the two brothers all the same, along with her older sister Rhaenys.

The heiress of Dragonstone, have always been attentive of her younger sister. They would rarely be seen without eachothers.

The Old King and his good Queen, seeing the closeness of the cousins, were hoping that Rhaenys would marry Viserys, and mayhaps Daemon marries Visenya. However, they never voiced it. Such plans were thrown out of the window, when the sea snake came back from his infamous nine voyages, and resumed the position of Maester of ships in the king's council.

He soon attracted the eye of the eldest child of Prince Aemon, and the two married. Although Visenya was never fond of him, for he was her parents' age, and too ambitious for his own good. She soon stooped complaining to her parents' about her sister leaving her and gladly accepted the jewelry and fine silks he would gift her.

In 92 AC, while Visenya was just two moons away from reaching her twelfth name day, her father Prince Aemon of Dragonstone, left to fight in the eastern region of Tarth, soon after learning that his oldest faughyer was pregnant. He was slained by a Myrish pirate.

His death caused a problem over the succession, and the king passed over both Rhaenys, her unborn child and Visenya, in favor of their uncle, Baelon, the father of Daemon and Viserys.

Visenya married Robyn Tyrell in 95 AC, she gave birth to two children, a boy and a girl in 97 AC and 98 AC respectively, they were named Aemon and Alyssa, after the princess' father and aunt.

In 101 AC, Prince Baelon died, causing a problem over the succession once again. The old King refused to chose between his grandchildren, and decided to hold a great council, over which Rhaenys and Laenor, lost in favor of Viserys.