Dissatisfaction - Chapter 2

Camille is listening to the professor when she sees how a girl enters the room. She walks up to the professor and talks with him quietly, interrupting the lesson. After a few minutes the professor turns back to the students:

"Aaron, please go to the principles office. You're attendance is required!"

The boy stands up and steadily walks out of the room. During that time Camille couldn't take her eyes off him even once. His shimmering red hair was simply too captivating. But she wasn't the only one. All girls watched as he left. Camille looked at the others and felt regret. "Why not me?" She asked herself.

The Professor continued the lesson but she simply didn't manage to listen.

After the lesson ended, she quickly left the room and hurried back home. She throws her bag into the corner of her room, sits down on her bed and regrets. She regrets. She only regrets. Regrets, regrets, regrets. Again and again.

"Grandma..." She thinks.

"Why, Grandma? Why? Why? Why? WHY?! Why did I have to be like this? Could I not be like that as well? Or... maybe... Is it because I am not of the same blood? Ist that why? Perhaps? Maybe? Is it like that? Hahaha..."

*Sob*

And she knew. She knew that whoever witnesses this situation, they wouldn't understand. The wouldn't understand, not if they didn't go through it themselves.
No matter how much compassion someone shows, no matter how close they were or are: They would never understand without going through it themselves.

————————————————————————

"Oh, my. My little granddaughter is crying again. Who would dare make my little angel cry?"

"Oh? She is crying? Do you want to go console her?"

"No. She will come in time. What she needs now is some privacy and time to gather herself."

"Should I watch over her then? Just to make sure she is ok?"

"No, don't worry. As I said, she needs privacy. Even if she doesn't see you, it would not be fair."

"Ok, I will just stay by your side. Not that I mind, of course."

"You got so cheeky compared to the past."

"No, I just know now that you won't leave me, no matter what I do."

"Oh, really? How did that thought come up?"

"You tell me."