Chapter 1

The Lady Of Winterfell

"You should have stepped up if you wanted to be in charge, but you didn't, I did."

Amara Stark was born during a terrible storm

Amara Stark was born during a terrible storm. Her mother, Lyarra Stark, fell pregnant only three moons after giving birth to her first daughter, Lyanna Stark. Just six days after Lyanna's first name day, when the storm blew into Winterfell and was at it's strongest, Lyarra brought the next girl into the world, screaming and kicking. A true force to be reckoned with, much like the storm raging throughout the land that night.

Amara came out with hair as dark as her fathers Rickard's, but unlike the north man, her skin wasn't as pale as his and her siblings. The young girl had the same color as her mothers--mother, Arya Flint, and because of this, Amara was given the nickname, The Sun Kissed Wolf.

Growing up, she was as pretty and kind as her mother, a wonderfully well behaved girl. But she also had the blood of a wolf in her veins, and two older brothers to cause mischief with. Wherever Brandon and Ned were, Amara wasn't too far behind, trailing after them like a little puppy.

She would convince them to train her with the bow when they would all be done with their lessons, practicing until nightfall and their mother called them in for dinner. Her parents never said anything about the young girl getting trained by her brothers because apart from that, she was so well behaved. She always attended all of her lessons with her septa, never complaining or faltering in her lady duties, she treated everyone with kindness and greeted them with warm smiles. So Rickard and Lyarra allowed the young girl the permission to train in the afternoons when no one was there, without any fuss, there could be no harm in it.

Except for the jealousy it caused her older sister. Lyanna Stark was much different than Amara. She was stubborn and brash. She skipped as many lessons as she could with her septa, denied any of her lady responsibilities, and constantly complained about the unfairness she felt. Rickard and Lyarra were far less lenient with Lyanna than with Amara, for the older girl needed to learn more discipline. Lyanna hated it. Hated how her parents allowed Amara to do things she was reprimanded for, how she was constantly compared to her little sister.

It put a riff in their relationship, one Amara tried and tired to mend, but day after day, Lyanna's stubborn ways would get in the way. Amara of course, always thought eventually they would be like the sisters they were meant to be.

Amara continued to try until the day her mother, Lyarra Stark, died giving birth to the youngest Stark child, Benjen. Amara, who was only 5 years old at the time, was forced to become the Lady of Winterfell, despite Lyanna being older. All of the duty fell onto her shoulders, and Amara handled it wonderfully. She never let the burden or stress show, still allowing her kind nature to guide her. But the burden was heavy and Amara felt the crushing weight of it every morning she woke.