Wedding

Today is the day that Maxon and America were to be married. Today was the day that their love is to be sealed and be together bonded till death do them apart.

It was a perfect sunny day and the light poured through the window of their bedroom. Maxon laid past asleep next to her, but she was wide awake. She was going to marry him today. Her love of her life.

She unconsciously caressed his cheek and ran her hands through his hair. Maxon shifted in his sleep but didn't awaken.

One of his arms was wrapped around his waist while the other supported her head. It was just perfect. She could stay like this all day.

However, it was their wedding day.

"Maxon," America whispered, giving him a peck on the lips. "It's time to wake up."

Maxon's eyes fluttered open and America sighed dreamily. No matter how many years had passed, he still had that effect on her. Oh those beautiful chocolate brown eyes.

"Morning, darling," Maxon said, his lips curling into a smile. He removed his arms from her and stretched while yawning. "What time is it?"

"4:30. We were suppose to get up thirty minutes ago but I let you get extra rest," America smiled back.

"Gods, I love you America Singer soon to be Shreave," Maxon sighed, pulling her to his chest and burying his face in her hair, inhaling her scent.

"I love you too, Maxon Shreave and I can't wait to marry you," America said, burying her face in his chest.

They stayed like that for a bit till they eventually parted to get ready.

America headed towards her bedroom where her maids, Marlee, and her Elite girls waited. Maxon was already in his room, along with Aspen and Carter who arrived after America left. Aspen and Maxon quickly became the best of friends despite the things that occurred in the Selection. Maxon even made him in charge of the guards and let him permanently stay at the palace. Carter and Marlee was also staying in the palace as long as they wanted.

Anyway, America was bombarded with maids that were not her usual. Lucy and the two girls were getting her dress ready. She tried to ask them yesterday to see it but they wouldn't budge. But now...oh my gods. It was beautiful.

"Oh guys, it's so beautiful

"Oh guys, it's so beautiful. You really outdone yourselves," America gasped, touching the fabric of the dress.

"Thanks. Now let's get you into it. These buttons will take an hour to button up. I bet Maxon will be so mad tonight," Lucy smirked.

"Lucy!" America gushed, turning red.

"What?? Just stating facts. Now get in the shower first. It's ready," Lucy chuckled.

America did what she was told and took a shower.

Once the shower was done. The makeup process began, along with doing some powders on her body.