Chapter 10

"Where are we going?" I ask.

Shortly after lunch the next day, Lia had ushered me into a black car and told the driver to take us somewhere.

"A boutique," she says, furiously typing on her phone.

"Why?" I ask.

She finally looks up at me.

Today, Lia's dressed in a simple, soft brown dress that falls to her knees and hugs her curves, paired with black, knee high boots, a black belt, and a coat that's a shade darker than her dress, falling just past her knees.

Lia had insisted that I wear an off-the-shoulder white top with puff sleeves, paired with a pair of loose back pants and a black purse.

"You're getting married in a month-ish and even if you don't want to get married, I want you to experience the entire deal. We're going wedding dress shopping, then we're gonna go choose some flowers that you want to have and the silverware. And of course, the decoration and the theme," Lia says.

I huff a laugh, "You're just doing this because it's fun."

Lia grins, "That's half the reason. But c'mon....we could have fun with this."

She waits with a knowing smile.

I roll my eyes, "All right. Let's go wedding shopping."

Lia squeals.

"We're here," the bored voice of Dante says.

It's only then that I realize that it's Dante who's driving us.

"Why's he here?" I ask.

"I'm here too!" Mani calls, looking back from the seat next to Dante.

"You didn't think Ace would let us go without bodyguards, did you?" Lia asks, laughing.

"He sent these two with us?" I ask, raising both my eyebrows.

"Hey! You make it sound like an insult, Little doe," Dante says, frowning.

"Come on!" Lia says, opening the door.

She slides out, and I follow.

"They're coming in?!" I groan when the two guys get out as well.

"Obviously," Mani says, grinning. "We'll be your personal cheerleaders and speak in high-pitched voices about how good you look in each dress."

"Uh....no we won't," Dante says.

He strolls towards the boutique's door.

Lia gives me a reassuring smile, "It'll be fine. Just relax."

I cross my arms and follow them in.

"Hello!" a woman says, moving out from the desk up front and instantly moving towards us. "Is this appointment for...Theia?"

She looks up from her clipboard with a practiced smile.

"Yup!" Lia says with enough enthusiasm for both of us.

"And you must be the bride-to-be," the woman says, smiling at Lia.

"Oh! No, this is Theia," Lia says, nudging me forward.

"Oh, I'm sorry!" the woman says. "It's great to meet you, Theia. Are you ready to look at some dresses? We've been waiting for you."

The entire store is empty.

I guess they only take one appointment at a time.

Within minutes, the woman has shoved me into a room with a pile of dresses in her hands, which she promptly hangs up on a rack and leaves, telling me to try them on and as for help if needed.

And then I'm left in the room with a bunch of ridiculously ruffly white and different variation of white colored dresses that are a little too elaborate for my taste.

For a moment, I debate just sulking there with the door locked, but then curiosity gets the best of me and I try on one of the dresses.

It's a pretty one that has lace sleeves, an elaborate bodice that's covered in beaded designs and a skirt that clings to my legs.

Well, it clings to my legs after the woman, who introduces herself as Layla, pins it back.

Then she leads me back to the main room where Lia, Mani and Dante are waiting.

I take one look at mirror, and simply say, "Nope. Not this one."

"You aren't even gonna-" Lia starts, but I cut her off.

"Nope. I'll know when I see the right one," I say simply.

At least I hope I will.

But as I try on more and more dresses, I start to become unsure.

I don't really know what I want. Maybe I should've chosen the one I wore a few minutes ago. Or the one before that.

About thirty dresses in, I try one on without even looking at what I'm shrugging on.

It's not until the back zips up that I relax and realize I love how the fabric feels against my skin.

Every other dress had been kinda itchy or at least a little uncomfortable. But this one felt simple.

Light.

I move out to the main room.

Lia, who'd given up on me and was leaning back against the couch, arms crossed, sat up straight, eyes wide.

I swear I heard Mani gasp.

Even Dante payed attention.

I stepped onto the small elevated stool thing and face the mirror.

(Comment your opinion on the right!)

For a long minute, we all stay silent, then I turn around to look at the hopeful look on Lia's face.

"This one," I say.

Lia grins, "You look amazing!"

She continues gushing over the dress even after I change out of it and we're on our way to the place to choose the decorations and theme for the wedding, having signed the form and given the bridal boutique my measurements to fix it to be perfectly my size.

Well, I guess it's time to bring on the wedding preperations!

Hope you enjoyed! I felt bad for not updating for a whole month, so I updated again. :)

Comment

Share

Vote

HAVE A GOOD DAY!!