molting

❝ season one, episode eight ❞

Sitting in silence at the dinner table, the Freeman siblings observed the so-called girlfriend their dad has been dating for several months.

"We can't just be quiet the whole breakfast you know." Marcus nervously laughed attempting to break the tension. "So how long?" Janiya questioned.

"Two years." Charlene responded, causing Destiny to choke on her grits. "Wow that is very long, wonder why we don't get to meet you earlier.." Marcus said while glaring at his father.

"Well I was really looking forward into meeting you guys but Benard said I wasn't ready." Charlene chuckled. "Are you employed?" Dezmon asked out of the blue, earning a nugde from Destiny. "Yes I'm a realtor and I have my own business."

The four teens sighed in relief. "Great because our father isn't a financial aid program." Dezmon mumbled. The sound of a fork clanked against the plate and Mr. Freeman glared at his youngest son.

"What did you say?" Bernard asked,
raising an eyebrow. "He said we need financial aid...for a party we're planning." Destiny interrupted and the others agreed.

"A party?"

"Yup it's a Christmas party.." Marcus blurted out. "We're planning 3 months ahead because it's gonna be huge, and we need your financial aid to make it happen." Janiya cringed at her words. "Yeah right, I'll think about it." Bernard rolled his eyes.

Later on that day, Janiya went to the movies with her friends.

"What's wrong with you?" Aisha asked Miguel. The boy didn't seem the same compared to other days.

"I just can't stop thinking about what sensei told me about Sam's dad." He replied, causing Janiya to roll her eyes.

"Which has nothing to do with you." She frowned as Eli threw popcorn at a random woman.

"Do I need to spell it out for you? Sam's dad hates Cobra Kai, I'm in Cobra Kai. So by the transit of property, Sam's dad is gonna hate me." Miguel explained.
"Jesus Christ you're such a nerd." Eli mocked, throwing a piece of popcorn.

"Negative."

"I'm telling you it's not just on my mind," Miguel said. "Sam was acting weird the other day when her dad walked by."
Janiya huffed in annoyance.

"Listen I've known Mr. Larusso since the third grade. He's a really nice guy, you just have to talk to him." Aisha informed him.

"I haven't even been invited over yet?" Miguel stated. "Yeah that's what happens when you date a girl with a strict dad." Janiya shook her head.

"Dude just go over there, it's an alpha move." Eli suggested as he threw some more popcorn. "Did you just alpha?" Janiya furrowed her brows.

"Now who the hell did that?"

©𝐒𝐏𝐈𝐃𝐄𝐘𝟑𝐗