Chapter 2: ~Error2~ File Not Found

Author's Note:
When inspiration only hits at midnight or some random hours in the ~extremely~ early morning, references aren't exactly easy to get... especially if they're in the form of horror video games and videos... And if you're a scaredy-cat XD
I am horrible at writing dialogue and interactions. So be warned, the Ancient Powers may be a bit quiet.

... Okay, more like almost non-existent. 

-----

Waking up to an odd man staring at him was not creepy.

Nope. Not creepy at all.

Cale felt his soul slowly leave his body as he opened his eyes just to see a random pink-haired foreigner in the room he was occupying. Absentmindedly, Cale noted that the man also had a pink goatee. The hair color's probably natural then, he observed, then went back to the subject at hand.

Maybe this room isn't a bedroom, but a living room with no couches and a bed. Because it certainly seems like any random dude could just... WALTZ in here.

Keeping an eye on the stranger, Cale started to move. Leisurely rising with a noble's grace, he sat up.

Or perhaps, he mused, am I the foreigner here?

After all, he hasn't yet identified the owner of this mansion. Perhaps this peculiar, creepy-looking stranger was the owner of this house.

Although, he still should have knocked. This is a woman's room, and I, at least, got permission. Well, assuming I got permission because I haven't been kicked out yet.

Wait. Actually, how exactly did this guy get through the barricaded door?!

*+-----~{@}~-----+*

Cale glanced at the dark-haired girl next to him. He doesn't hear the creature's footsteps, so hopefully, it has left. Besides, the area under the bed is rather uncomfortable and cramped.

Cale slowly crawled out from under the bed, the girl following him. After examining the barricaded door one last time to confirm that no unwanted visitors could burst through, he sat down on the floor. He may be trash, but he's not trashy enough to just take over a random girl's bed.

"So.... what now?" The unknown girl also sits down, staring at him as if expecting him to know all the answers to the universe, and waits for him to answer. Now that they were in the light, Cale could see that the girl had black hair and dark gray eyes. White pupils, Cale noted. He wonders if those were common here.

Cale just stared back, attempting to telepathically scream at her. Don't ask me- I simply followed your lead! Why are you looking at me like that?

The temporary telepathic link they had mere moments ago conveniently disappeared.

How fun.

Seems like they no longer share a brain cell.

However, just as Cale was about to reply to the girl, whose name he still doesn't have, he heard a screaming(that wasn't his) in his head.

*Cale! Uh, can you hear us?*

Cale groaned, massaging his temples.

*+-----~{@}~-----+*

I thought I made sure that nothing could simply walk through that door! Wait, if this guy is in here, then-

Cale diverts some of his attention to the door but keeps the man in his line of sight. It was still in one piece, but everything barring people from entering was gone.