Chapter 13 : Secretive Bitch

Where are you going?

Jaemin observes his best friend pacing around the dorm, white socked feet padding against the surface. Mark shoves his bus-card between his teeth and slips his arm into the hole of his black leather jacket.

Buffy,” Mark replies, words muffled with the card on his teeth.

Jaemin figures out he’s trying to say he’s busy to even spare a second and inform his best friend about his whereabouts. Excuse you but Jaemin is a bit offended, he didn’t offer to be a butler in kindergarten so Mark would stop complaining and crying unbearably just to be disrespected like this.

A pair of tickets catch his attention when Mark push them into his pocket.

Are those tickets for Marvel’s last movie?

Yep,” Mark hurriedly says, touching the back pockets of his jeans to check if he’s carrying his phone.

Jaemin narrows his eyes while folding his arms against his chest. “Don’t tell me you’re going to the movies with Jeno.

Mark snorts. “Okay, I won’t tell you.

No, wait, are you seriously going with him?” Jaemin grabs Mark’s arm before he can reach the corridor. “When I saw you buying them online I thought they were for us! You and me, your bestie, the one that covered you when you wanted to eat sand.

Mark’s brows furrow. “Do I have to be thankful for that?

Obviously, yeah,

Mark’s shakes Jaemin's hands away because this is just ridiculous and catches his keys placed on the small table next to the door.

Okay, one last question.

Mark groans not so subtly but Jaemin ignores him anyway.

If something happens between you and Jeno, you’ll tell me, right?

There is a pause. Mark is halfway tucking his shoes in when it catches him off guard and then restarts his task.

The thing is, Jaemin doesn’t know anything about Mark’s new relationship because they decided to keep it hidden from the blabbers until they sorted out whatever they actually were — their relationship doesn’t have an established status yet because they want to get to know each other better in a romantic way, not like their brotherly hang outs and volleyball nights. Mark is not proud of keeping it from his best friend though, at least not after Jaemin had to bear with his stubborn I-don’t-want-to-admit-my-feelings phase — and it was quite annoying in Jaemin's perspective honestly. But maybe it is too soon to deal with an erratic Yuta pointing out everything they did just for pure evilness.

Nothing is going to happen,

Because it already happened.

Taking advantage of his height, Jaemin peers down accusatorily at his best friend — seriously, Jaemin's just a few centimeters taller but he likes to show it off, Mark calls him out for being a dipshit.

You’re not hiding anything from me, right?

Why would I?

Because you’ve been such a secretive bitch lately and you— wait!

Mark managed to slip out of their dorm while Jaemin rambled. Jaemin grabs the door while giving a glance to his socked feet, Ice looking back at him. Mark laughs while jogging away, leaving a distressed Jaemin behind.

I won’t let you set a foot in this apartment!