Damn Luck

We were discussing the plot loopholes in a movie we had watched recently when they announced that we were landing. What? Landing already? I didn't even get to talk about the myths about the galaxy that I had read a few days ago. We kept talking until the stewardess was preparing to kick us out. It was like an unknown agreement to stay back. I feared not being able to ever talk to him again and he feared being JIN of BTS and not a random co-passenger.  But our time had run out and it was time to face the inevitable. Afterall all dreams come to an end. It was time to wake up. Immigration and security for the first class passengers were too quick and for once I wanted it to take time and maybe even a snaking queue.

"Looks like it is time for JIN of BTS to make an appearance," I said after looking at the crowd of fans at the end of the arrival hall. Jin looked a bit surprised. "I would have to be blind to not recognize you. But I think even then I would have. Anyways, thank you for making my birthday amazing and even taking a bit of that cake you hate with all your being." I said with a smile to ease his confusion. How could this man even think that there was anyone on this planet who didn't recognize him? Outrageous.

Strangely he didn't speak a word I thought he had gone mute or something. "I guess, I will see you on Vlive or at a concert then. Bye~~Take care!" I said in a sing-song and fled from the scene to another exit that looked less crowded. He must have felt offended that I pretended to not know him or something. Well, I had read somewhere that they felt uncomfortable when people recognized them while they were on private trips or outings. Maybe I should have pretended till the end. Agh! I should worry about that later. I should probably get a cab and use my minimal language skills to get to the hotel I had booked. I was reminded of the meme I had seen lately on my feed where a girl arrives at Incheon and screams 'Oppa I'm here." I smiled at myself even thinking about maybe enacting that.

With the translation app, I managed to locate the desk where I could get a prepaid taxi, I went ahead and booked one to my hotel. I was finally in South Korea, the land of my dreams. I should get in as much air as I can in, Maybe I shouldn't. The AQI showed an alarming number with a red dot next to it on my phone. 

"Excuse me miss" Someone called me in a heavy accent and he proceeded to give me a note which I hesitated to take but I did finally when he seemed to be in a hurry. I opened the note cautiously. All the BuzzFeed articles and Reddit threads I had read were shuffling in my mind. Can a note really kill someone? Extending my arms I opened the note to find something scribbled on it.

'Hey Muffin girl,

I had an amazing day too. It felt reviving to be Seokjin and not JIN. If you are staying for more than three days, message my manager at +82 XX XXXX YYYY. We can meet and maybe I can take you around the city.

Happy Birthday!

Your favorite copassenger'

"Whoaaa" I couldn't believe this. Can this day get any more eventful? Whoa, take it as a challenge dear god! I got a message that my taxi had arrived and I quickly pocketed the note and headed to find my carriage.

***

I was skipping on my way to your hotel room once I had completed the check-in. I reached my room and saw the bed, and it was like love at first sight, and before I knew I had passed out on the comfy bed. I woke up at around 2:00 in the afternoon and felt so disoriented. Did I really make it to South Korea? Please don't be a dream. Please don't be a dream, I repeated mindlessly. Wait! Didn't I meet Jin? I immediately let my hands roam in my pockets only to be disappointed. There was no note. Was that all a dream? Agh! My brain's got to be kidding me. Why would I dream that? It was too vivid to not have happened. But it was way too dreamy to happen anyway. I connected to the hotel wifi to check if there was any news about Jin arriving in Incheon and to my dismay, there wasn't any. So it didn't really happen?

I pondered over it during my late brunch and all the while I had planned for my outing. It sure did dampen my mood. I must have lost the note or maybe it didn't happen. Have you ever felt like something had happened and then there's no proof about it sending your brain to a mind-bending reality? Well, that's what I felt like. I had a good few hours before my birthday would end so I decided to stop moping around about a dream or my misfortune and visit the nearest restaurant to have a Korean feast just like in the dramas.

I had placed my order with much difficulty and sat in anticipation. After a while, my brain had settled and now I knew for sure. I had misplaced the note. I checked my pockets and purse again and again only to add to my disappointment. How could I have lost the most important note I could have received in my life? I should have saved his manager's number as soon as I had gotten it. I'm so dumb. I was so out of it that I was startled at the interruption. And damn, I was the luckiest soul in all of this world!

"We meet again cupcake girl" 

*~*

A/N

And that's a wrap! I wanted to end it at 'losing the note and our lead pondering over if it was real or a dream'. But then, I was like Nah, let's give her a happy reunion. I really hope you enjoyed reading this. It was supposed to be a one-shot, a short one at that too... but my brain decided to get hyper and imagine all the beautiful things that I could write. 

And I loooooooooovvvveee YOUUUUU! [I'm listening to Jin's astronaut as I'm typing this]

Have a good day folks!