06 | SILVER-SCALED

A TALE OF RUINS.
chapter six.

timeskip. seven months later.
event: aemond's name day.

Torn upon constantly waiting for his betrothed, Aemond considered himself a fool for expecting too much

For the first time in his privileged eleven years of life, he believed one thing that his punk of an older brother had said about him. Truly, he was a fool.

The fact that Aemond had gone even as far as interrogating the knights and servants who formerly worked at the Valmeron House and had encountered the young lady of its fine land, was enough to style his excitement that he hid.

All those maids, sailors, and warriors he asked all gave him the same answer, and the same face that radiated joy and honor.

"Oh! You will love her, prince!" Aemond can still hear their answers echoing in his head, ultimately ticking him off and angering him further than he already is.

"I am definitely not loving her!" The young silver-haired prince was throwing a temper and aggressively threw a large stone into the lake.

He was walking back and forth, stomping his feet as he seethed. "How dare she disrespect me! I'm a prince! A Targaryen!"

Aemond felt some sense of humiliation struck him like an arrowhead, and it would be an understatement to say that he was only offended.

The prince was stricken with so much humiliation that he ran away from a feast that was held in honor of his special day. It was his name day; he had just turned eleven years old.

And at this point, perhaps his anger was reasonable.

After all, it has already been seven whole months since Lucrecia had asked for his hand in marriage, and yet, no reply nor even one letter from her acknowledging his existence had arrived personally for him. 

It was like the said lady of Aragon had turned into a ghost, ghosting him and casting him away as he felt towards everybody else.

And as if the marriage proposal officially offered to the King and Queen of the Realm never even existed.